• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swixter's exuvia - Grammostola pulchripes. Sex?

Alexander White

3 Year Member
can anyone tell what the sex is based on this exuvia?

Attachments

• tmp_20140619_032211-976593452.jpg
    tmp_20140619_032211-976593452.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • tmp_20140619_0322061200038618.jpg
    tmp_20140619_0322061200038618.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
The picture is too far away to tell anything. I'm pretty sure what you need to be looking at wouldn't be visible anyway. It looks torn where the spermatheca would be, but it's hard for me to tell for sure.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I agree with Tgirl, can't tell from those pics. You want to examine the inside of the molt in the area between the book lungs closest to the carapace. A magnifying glass will help. You want to see what's in the photo below. Your T may still be too small to tell.

This photo is by wraithspirit on photobucket.
image.jpg

Alexander White

3 Year Member
The picture is too far away to tell anything. I'm pretty sure what you need to be looking at wouldn't be visible anyway. It looks torn where the spermatheca would be, but it's hard for me to tell for sure.

Oh okay, her previous exuvia was torn like that too oddly

Alexander White

3 Year Member
I agree with Tgirl, can't tell from those pics. You want to examine the inside of the molt in the area between the book lungs closest to the carapace. A magnifying glass will help. You want to see what's in the photo below. Your T may still be too small to tell.

This photo is by wraithspirit on photobucket.
View attachment 5829
oh yeah thats real close up, i dont have a magnifying glass unfortunately. so the males dont have those spermatecha, thats the only difference? yeah she may be too small, i still get the feeling shes female too though like you!

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I don't know how big your actual T is, but before they're about 2 inches it's usually too difficult to tell. Try to salvage the next molt as soon as you can. Even if it seems to be a complete wreck, by spraying it with a little water you can loosen the folds and use a toothpick to open up the abdomen. Then look between the book lungs and see what you find.

Alexander White

3 Year Member
I don't know how big your actual T is, but before they're about 2 inches it's usually too difficult to tell. Try to salvage the next molt as soon as you can. Even if it seems to be a complete wreck, by spraying it with a little water you can loosen the folds and use a toothpick to open up the abdomen. Then look between the book lungs and see what you find.
ill try thanks

Latest posts