• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Super mealworm

londelsh

3 Year Member
Afternoon all, so I got some super mealworms and as soon as I put it in the tank it dug down straight away. What I'm after is what's the best way to get them back up again or should I just leave it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You should really crush the heads before you put them in. The jaws can cause serious damage to a molting tarantula. If you are able to locate it and remove it without disturbing the spider too much, then by all means try to get it out.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would rather use roaches but other half refuses to have them in the house lol so I have to use worms or crickets.
Ah, I see. I just hate to see people struggling with inferior feeders. And then there's the herpes..would you rather explain open sores or a hidden box of lateralis? ;) I mean really, how mad could a woman get about a colony of invasive roaches under the bed? What kind of range of anger are we looking at? Stabby mad? Shooty mad? Call the cops on her. You dont have to take her abuse :D

londelsh

3 Year Member
Ah, I see. I just hate to see people struggling with inferior feeders. And then there's the herpes..would you rather explain open sores or a hidden box of lateralis? ;) I mean really, how mad could a woman get about a colony of invasive roaches under the bed? What kind of range of anger are we looking at? Stabby mad? Shooty mad? Call the cops on her. You dont have to take her abuse :D
She's petrified of them, refuses point blank that I can't get any even though one of our T's is hers lol. I think it would be worse then shooty or stabby mad lol my other half can be a scarey woman when she wants to be lol. Rather the easy quiet life lol.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i'm guessing she scared of the lateralis type? see if your lps carries the dubia, they don't really look anything like the "common" roach. Tell her they're a beetle ;)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Imo the best feeders around are banded crickets. Not every one has access to roaches so it's not an option for every person. I only use supers for larger tarantulas that need to be fattened up, and I always crush the heads.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

londelsh

3 Year Member
I usually use crickets but my local shop didn't have what I always get so had to make do with what they had.

Latest posts