• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spiderling question

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agreed looks like poo. Take a damp cotton swab or specimen swab and see if it cleans up. :)

(I use the specimen swabs simply because they are longer and I had a box full)

Smugleaf

3 Year Member
I just read it's supposed to be 93 tomorrow and our a/c is not functioning. I'm on the second floor of my building. Is this going to be too hot for Larry?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
white orbs could be poop, or maybe anchors for webs. Molt could be anywhere, sometimes they'll eat part of it and bury the rest, my avics like to tear it apart and decorate their webs with the pieces if i can't get to it and remove it in time.

90+ might be pushing it, put a fan near by so there's plenty of circulation, watch the water dish so it doesn't dry out.

timc

3 Year Member
It's been 90 here in PA for a couple days and will be for another couple. I don't do anything special to keep the spiders cool, I just don't expect them to be active. Does it get humid where you live?

Smugleaf

3 Year Member
So I ended up keeping our windows and blinds closed, and fans running. It stayed around 80 inside. Scary Larry has loved it, and is eating like a champ.

His butt does have a big black spot on top. Is that normal for baby brachs?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I ended up keeping our windows and blinds closed, and fans running. It stayed around 80 inside. Scary Larry has loved it, and is eating like a champ.

His butt does have a big black spot on top. Is that normal for baby brachs?
yep. And It will get darker and larger as they get closer to molt. :) lot of keepers keep their slings extra warm to power feed them and get them to molt quicker.
I have mine in my bedroom, window open vents all closed. Miniblinds closed. (I like it as I Had some brain damage so can't regulate my body temp. I'm a two legged tarantula I guess lol) anyway. They are all active and seem to be happy. Just keep their dish full of clean water.

Smugleaf

3 Year Member
yep. And It will get darker and larger as they get closer to molt. :) lot of keepers keep their slings extra warm to power feed them and get them to molt quicker.

INTERESTING!
God I love this little dude. He dug quite a tunnel last night, there was a massive mound of substrate this morning. What a cutie.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good luck with the clean water ;) i water them every other night, scoop up a bunch of substrate off the water dish, then use the spray bottle to fill the dish. Gets most of the substrate out but seems there's always a little bit stuck in there. Used to take them to the sink and rinse them out good, but then there's always that little bit of substrate stuck in there still... So i'm lazy now, i only wash them out well if they get really dirt. few pieces of substrate floating along the pebbles is no big.