• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

someone with a pseudhapalopus sp blue...

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
...my sling is VERY lively!! nothing like almost escaping enclosure in the early A.M. to wake you up! EEEK! get back in there tiny one! Are they always so frisky? my other tiny Ts are usually moving the other way when I 'visit' - LOL this one is a keeper! hauls those cricket legs into the hide too...what a personality!

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You`re lucky I`ve had mine since last October it was 0.5 cm when it arrived, and it`s still the same size, very fussy eater, very rarely seen.

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
always helps to have another perspective! (OR another T!) - mine hasn't grown a bit either but I'm thinking it needs a t least a little deeper enclosure since it is escape prone...

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have been thinking - 'in a vial' - with substrate and hide etc? - I have never kept them in the vial they came in but always give them 'stuff'...is that the difference? if so maybe spider is depressed...
The Vial is nice and deep for a T that size 0.5cm and if and when it eats ,it can pretty much grab it straight away, mine will only take crickets , has the same type of appetite as a G rosea very fussy eaters.

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
well I am laughing again - my G.rosea/porteri is a ferocious eater and almost never hides either - 'she' (1 - 1 1/4' now -was 1/2-3/4" in Dec when I got her)) is one of my favorites. I am serious - does your little 'blue' have stuff or is it just in a vial? I know people keep them like that and they grow but i worry about their psychological state if deprived of substrate to play in(my 'blue' - probably < 1cm still/acquired in March - burrows) and leaves to explore...

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well I am laughing again - my G.rosea/porteri is a ferocious eater and almost never hides either - 'she' (1 - 1 1/4' now -was 1/2-3/4" in Dec when I got her)) is one of my favorites. I am serious - does your little 'blue' have stuff or is it just in a vial? I know people keep them like that and they grow but i worry about their psychological state if deprived of substrate to play in(my 'blue' - probably < 1cm still/acquired in March - burrows) and leaves to explore...
It has a very small piece of wood, but it mostly stays buried, I`ve never seen it eat. most times I end up removing the prey item.