• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some Things Never Lose Their Awesomeness

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I watched The Usual Suspects last night for about the hundredth time and it was just as awesome as the first. Well... maybe just a wee bit less awesome.
What movies do you love so much that you will watch them over and over again and never cease to be entertained?

VanessaS

3 Year Member
No scuffing required! I have actually never seen Avatar. Friends of mine told me it made them cry, so I haven't had the guts to see it. I should really put it on my list.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not sure why I love it so much, but occasionally I'll sneak into my room and watch it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thistles

3 Year Member
When the Lord of the Rings movies first came out, my sister was in middle school. She watched one of the movies EVERY. DAY. for like 3 months. These movies are like 3 hours long. She was in love with Legolas...

I don't have movies I watch over and over and over, but I've seen my favorite movies a few times (Hero, The Lion in Winter) and there are some other good ones I've seen a few times (Sunshine springs immediately to mind). I have rewatched some TV shows a few times, too (hello, Star Trek DS9).

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Speaking of fish, A fish called Wanda was excellent, I've seen that movie 10-15 times. Feast, an old comedy-horror, never gets old (not for kiddies). Anything by Guy Richie or Tarantino. The remake of the usual suspects was awesome. An old movie called Vallhalla rising. I like Michael Manns older more serious stuff. Thief. Heat was good too. The Way of the Gun was fantastic, I forget who directed that one. I've seen Reservoir Dogs several times, huge fan of Tarantino..even if he is an arrogant douche. Old horror classics like the thing, or the fog. I could go on :)

Thistles

3 Year Member
I don't know if this falls under this topic, but I don't have any friends to tell about this, so here I am. I just watched Cloud Atlas for the first time. I've read the book, and the movie was similar but not the same. I would like to watch it again, but I'm sitting here crying, so maybe I'd better not. Frobisher and Sixsmith freakin' broke me,

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Movies that get to you like that should only be watched once ;) When I was a kid I had a lot of trouble hiding my sobbing when I thought ET was dead..ive never watched it again, lol. Old yeller, turner and hooch, any movie that stirs up powerful emotions, I only watch once. Last House on the Left...The rape scene, when she started crying like a little girl..I don't even remember what happened next because I was concentrating hard on controlling the rage..I had to tell myself repeatedly that it was just a movie, and I made drinks for myself and my girlfriend so I could detach myself and calm down. Screw that movie..homicidal rage is not my idea of a good time.

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
I don't know if this falls under this topic, but I don't have any friends to tell about this, so here I am. I just watched Cloud Atlas for the first time. I've read the book, and the movie was similar but not the same. I would like to watch it again, but I'm sitting here crying, so maybe I'd better not. Frobisher and Sixsmith freakin' broke me,

I was very impressed by Cloud Atlas too. Don't understand why the critics were bad.

Thistles

3 Year Member
Movies that get to you like that should only be watched once ;) When I was a kid I had a lot of trouble hiding my sobbing when I thought ET was dead..ive never watched it again, lol. Old yeller, turner and hooch, any movie that stirs up powerful emotions, I only watch once. Last House on the Left...The rape scene, when she started crying like a little girl..I don't even remember what happened next because I was concentrating hard on controlling the rage..I had to tell myself repeatedly that it was just a movie, and I made drinks for myself and my girlfriend so I could detach myself and calm down. Screw that movie..homicidal rage is not my idea of a good time.
Yeah, I think it wouldn't be as powerful the second time around, but it was a pretty dense movie so I think i might catch more details if I rewatch it. It's weird. I don't get upset by things in real life. It takes a fictional character to make me feel anything. Funny you mention E.T... I saw it for the first time when I was like 4 and it creeped me out so much that I never rewatched it! I hated how he got all grey when he was sick.
I was very impressed by Cloud Atlas too. Don't understand why the critics were bad.
I think it was probably too eastern for most western critics to understand. I especially loved the book, which was more subtle, but the movie seized on a few major themes and expanded them more than the book did.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For me I only have a hand full of movies I can watch over and over. Tombstone, the first 2 of the matrix trilogy. The third was just too far out there, it bored me. Young guns is another. That's all of the top of my head.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im ur huckleberry @kormath ! tombstone is definitely one i have seen millions of times! And mountain men....and old movie with charleton heston! oh any lethal weapon. the first one!