• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So, you got a tarantula...

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
24707051.jpeg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My gorgeous rose hair Delilah has cured many arachnophobes she is so sweet. A few friends who were curious about t's have been over and helped at feed time. Pirate and ramases are more or less garanteed to eat anything and that is always a crowd pleaser

donna

3 Year Member
my eldest son(16) is scared to death of spiders & moths, it's taken a year & now he will look at the tarantulas in the tanks but will not touch them, he still throws a b**** fit if there is a spider in his room though lol

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I read somewhere that spiders is the commonest phobia over fifty per cent of people are terrifies of them. I have a phobia of fish instead.

john m shires

3 Year Member
My son has got Ts and when I went to have a look at them and saw one of my grand children with a T on her arm she only being 5 and me saying that’s nice. Guess what i got for my birthday yep a T rose and that is how i got started. i must say i look at spiders in a total different way now lol

john m shires

3 Year Member
Hi there well I only got 2 now one is a Mexican red knee sling just moulted for second time since I got it.

The other one is Chilli rose think that is a young adult? i will try and get some photos uploaded if i can finde out how to :(

john m shires

3 Year Member
Hi there well I only got 2 now one is a Mexican red knee sling just moulted for second time since I got it you cannot really tell but it is starting to get its colour bands

The other one is Chilli rose think that is a young adult? And I keep them in an old cabinet heated by a 60w light bulb (red fire one) keep them nice and warm 75f to 80f. I keep the ts on the top shelf and on the bottom I keep food and bits and bobs. All bedding is coconut fibber I fined this to be cleaner.

john m shires

3 Year Member
Hi all just thought I would let you see my latest sling a (salmond pink) sling. I have not got a name for him/her as yet. I think I am getting hooked or should I say webbed haha.

Attachments

• new sling 045.jpg
    new sling 045.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 11
  • new sling 048.jpg
    new sling 048.jpg
    842.8 KB · Views: 11
  • new sling 050.jpg
    new sling 050.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 10

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ahh congratulations. I had a salmon pink I called her Manhattan cos she was a big girl I thought she needed a big name. good luck with her or him.

Latest posts