• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Snow storm?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
possible. Mine climb the walls whenever a big storm is coming through. Seems like it's always been between feeding days though so i haven't seen if a storm would also affect appetite.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
possible. Mine climb the walls whenever a big storm is coming through. Seems like it's always been between feeding days though so i haven't seen if a storm would also affect appetite.
All are slings and in micro climates. We havent had much snow this season. So i dont know if thats s factor. 1-3 maybe in premolt. Mine will start to climb around feeding day as well. I normally always have atleast one-two that will refuse a meal. But this time it was close to half of mine.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It was 90 outside yesterday, here, its 70 today. I just mowed the yard in shorts and a t-shirt. Winter's over in south Texas. Soon the sweltering heat will come. The dashboard cracking, humid, sweaty 98-103 degree days. That'll be within a month, just in time to make tarantula hunting miserable :mad:

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It was 90 outside yesterday, here, its 70 today. I just mowed the yard in shorts and a t-shirt. Winter's over in south Texas. Soon the sweltering heat will come. The dashboard cracking, humid, sweaty 98-103 degree days. That'll be within a month, just in time to make tarantula hunting miserable :mad:
18 feels like 5 here currently.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
38 and raining again when i got to work 30 minutes ago 2nd day of solid rain now, which is really odd for this area. Flood and avalanche warnings for the whole county. Going to be fun to see where all this snow goes ;)

River fishing is going to suck though, water will be to high and fast till July probably :(