• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Smaug my new beardie

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
What do you house your rock in?
When i got him 1 1/2 years ago he was 18 inches and i keep him in a 36x18x24 rabbit cage. He is around 22-23 inches now and i built a vertical cage that is 24x28x60 tall . He will be in another cage or 2 by the time he is grown at around 60-72 inches. I have seen people house these guys in a 24x24x72 as adults but they have to be let out each day, they love to roam around. Best setup would be a dog kennel , something around 10ftx20ftx6ft with a fenced in top. Depending on how cold it gets where you live, he will need a hot box where he can bask in 100-120 degrees ! UVB and UVA is a must !!

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
When i got him 1 1/2 years ago he was 18 inches and i keep him in a 36x18x24 rabbit cage. He is around 22-23 inches now and i built a vertical cage that is 24x28x60 tall . He will be in another cage or 2 by the time he is grown at around 60-72 inches. I have seen people house these guys in a 24x24x72 as adults but they have to be let out each day, they love to roam around. Best setup would be a dog kennel , something around 10ftx20ftx6ft with a fenced in top. Depending on how cold it gets where you live, he will need a hot box where he can bask in 100-120 degrees ! UVB and UVA is a must !!

Definitely looks like these guys are off the list of options for me :eek:

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gets to cold here in the winter to house them outside. But that sounds about right they get pretty big

Latest posts