• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Slings? Juvis?

Lady Arachnid

3 Year Member
I'm thinking of placing an order as soon as my order of enclosures arrives. I would rather deal with all of you first, than a large company, but I have not seen many posted for sale and/or I was late checking the forum and they were already sold.

I'm looking for mostly NW terrestrial and arboreal, but will consider OW species too. Let me know what you have! Thanks!

Doc Miller

3 Year Member
A communal species you can keep in groups

2015-10-011.jpg
2015-10-011.jpg
2015-10-011.jpg

Lady Arachnid

3 Year Member
I've done some research on them, but I don't know anything about keeping them communally. Can you raise them to adulthood together? What are you feeding them? I have started a B. Dubia colony and have many smalls up to breeding size males and females, but no pinheads yet. I read that they like smaller prey than what you would normally feed a T of that size.

Lady Arachnid

3 Year Member
I'm interested in getting 2 of them. I'm in Illinois and it has just recently turned colder. Your LAG says "not responsible for extreme weather." Would you still be able to ship them to me with heat packs? It's going to be low 40s over night and low 50s during the day starting on Tues. Would you still honor your LAG? Let me know and I can set up the payment to you. Thanks!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@ Schoolman, I'm literally almost shaking here, size and price?
(not that size matters but curious as to what size enclosure it would need)

BKBUGZ

3 Year Member
I'm thinking of placing an order as soon as my order of enclosures arrives. I would rather deal with all of you first, than a large company, but I have not seen many posted for sale and/or I was late checking the forum and they were already sold.

I'm looking for mostly NW terrestrial and arboreal, but will consider OW species too. Let me know what you have! Thanks!

hi, i currently have C. pentalore slings (already showing grown pattern, 3/4"), C sp Sulawesi Black slings (1.5+"), OBTs...2", and some 2i R. junceus scorpions if interested.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I've done some research on them, but I don't know anything about keeping them communally. Can you raise them to adulthood together? What are you feeding them? I have started a B. Dubia colony and have many smalls up to breeding size males and females, but no pinheads yet. I read that they like smaller prey than what you would normally feed a T of that size.

I know several breeders that keep them communally- one has a set of 14 living together for 2 years now and there is ZERO aggression they eat great come out on the regular and it's really fascinating to watch- if you have instagram I can give you her info and check it out- I also know of another breeder that keeps 8 together with no problems. The common connection is they're all from the same sac and they feed them red runners.

Lady Arachnid

3 Year Member
I know several breeders that keep them communally- one has a set of 14 living together for 2 years now and there is ZERO aggression they eat great come out on the regular and it's really fascinating to watch- if you have instagram I can give you her info and check it out- I also know of another breeder that keeps 8 together with no problems. The common connection is they're all from the same sac and they feed them red runners.
I hope they like dubia, cause that's the only colony I have! Lol! I don't have instagram, but thanks for the info! I do have Facebook though.

Doc Miller

3 Year Member
Ive produced 7 sacs of M balfouri and have several groups together also a group of 12 Hysterocrates gigas.
1 group of M balfouri are from a mixed group from different sacs

Lady Arachnid

3 Year Member
Ive produced 7 sacs of M balfouri and have several groups together also a group of 12 Hysterocrates gigas.
1 group of M balfouri are from a mixed group from different sacs
I can't wait to get them and watch them feed! Did you ship my 4 little guys yet? It's gonna start getting colder at night soon here.

Doc Miller

3 Year Member
No I like most don't ship between Dec 20th and Jan 1st. Far to many mishaps, delayed and lost packages this time of year. Will start back shipping Monday of next week

Latest posts