• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

slings and young t's

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol, this is true. He will warm up to the idea. Or I will just get a sling and wonder "how on earth it got so big? they must have sent me the wrong one..." :D

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
P.Platyomma post moult meal.
platyeat001.jpg

tree001.jpg

M.Robustum 1.5"
XI006.jpg

X.Immanis 2"
XI005.jpg

C.Cyanpubescens
GBBFORTISKB003.jpg

E.Cyanognathus
11-3004.jpg

Don't some of the Haplopelma's have that nice orange and black abdomen? 'Pumpkin Patch' I believe is one...not sure how the care and temperment stacks up though

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Then again the King Baboons are awesome as well...

Anyone have any insight into behavior and temperament between the two?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have Both Cancerides, and KBs. They are very Different Ts. Both do have an attitude though. Cancerides, are big and great display Ts. they have an almost bronze color to their carapace, and love food. A hihgly under-rated T imo. King Baboons however, are imo the most beautiful of all Ts ( you can see one of my adult females in the "giants" thread). They are burrowers, and unfortunately I see mine very rarely(maybe 4x a year). You can start a burrow for them though, and if they choose to use it, its one of the coolest things in this hobby. Their burrows can get crazy intracite, with multiple mouths all more or less leading to a den. Can't go wrong either way. I keep my KB in a 15 gallon sterilite with lots of Sub, my Cancerides lives in a sweaterbox (14x14x6)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Kenny thanks for all the great info!

I hadn't noticed that the Pumpkin Patch were dwarf T's. Pretty, but I do like the big guys!

With the KB's and Cancerides that right there helps me decide. While I find them both impressive at this stage in the game I want to be able to see my T's, so the KB's I will wait on. However, I am thinking of ways to maximize the fossorial nature in a special enclosure for KB's and others like them...

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A lot of options for big beautiful Display Ts. None better than the Giant White Knee(Acanthoscurria Geniculata). It seems to be exactly what you're looking for. Salmon Pinks( Lasidora Parahybana) are another great option, just not as beautiful.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Geniculata Hands Down. Genics have almost a swagger about them. Big, Fearless, Beautiful. Chromatus are great, but much more skittish and defensive.

Latest posts