• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling Behavior

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, this morning I noticed my G. pulchiripes, who is around an inch, grooming in his cage.

He wold then stop, walk a few steps with his abdomen almost perpendicular to the ground, pause, then resume grooming. He's been doing this for a while.

He's doing it no matter if I am standing close or not.

He seems to be the most active of my slings. He, by the way, is the one who shot of out the vial and up my arm as soon as I opened it.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He sounds brilliant I love the outgoing active ones. My t's are always washing themselves I love to watch them.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
To be honest he was the one I was least enthused about getting. Now that I am experiencing them first hand the 2 families I was so indifferent about getting are quickly becoming my favorite.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
To be honest he was the one I was least enthused about getting. Now that I am experiencing them first hand the 2 families I was so indifferent about getting are quickly becoming my favorite.

Told ya so. Chacos are Awesome!!!
It's just doing it's thing. Grooming is a good sign. Typically means the T is comfortable.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Everyone seems to be settling in well. My tiny B. vagans has made himself quite the impressive little burrow and the others are just hanging out in perfect T meditation. I think I may try feeding the wee ones Saturday or Sunday as they seem pretty content with their new homes. My juvie B. vagans female isn't really due to be fed til Wednesday or so, so I may wait on offering her something til midweek.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know what you mean. Sometimes a name comes to mind straight away but sometimes it takes me ages to decide what to call them.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My little G. pulchiripes has made himself quite the little burrow! It goes all the way to the bottom of the cup (about 1.5-2 inches) and has 2 openings. He has been busy. :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So excited I just accidently opened a bank statement and got more money than I thought so rang my favourite shop and they put two red and white Brazilian slings aside for me to pick up tomorrow yippee

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! congats, N.Chromatus are great Ts
I am so glad i got them. The staff in the pet shop said they have never seen anyone so excited over spiders. They were all laughing as i cooed over my beautiful new babies. Two new genics on the way for me too!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am doing photos tomorrow when i feed everyone (the new ones both had crickets in when i got them ive removed them now as they are not hungry yet) my ts are in on a big unit in a part of my living room that is quite dingy so therr is no point trying to take photos in the evening this time of year. They are sheltered by book cases i try to keep it dark and warm and quiet although i am always poking my nose in at them.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok guys I know it is normal for slings to burrow, but I haven't seen my B. vagans in like 2 days. I am getting worried, which I know is silly.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Heh, the little shy dude decided to come put tonight and hunt his FFF's. I turned on the light near the enclosures and he quickly disappeared back into his burrow.

But at least I know he is fine. :)

Latest posts