• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

six eye sand spider

kenney

3 Year Member
Im intrest3d in them, but am curious to any experince any one has with 5hem, like care or temperment.......

Want 5o do reserch on this one as its a you probaly die kinda bit if it tags you,

From what ive heard their generly not all that defeneive and the most venomous in the world, its a desert spider so maybe dryer is better?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah dry. they dont even get a water dish. just sand substrate. all the moisture they need is from their prey. and yes they r the most venomous in the world. if u get bit by one it aint gonna be good. if u survive.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Six eyed sand spider is the EASIEST spider to care for. Just give it enough sand or sandlike substrate (I use crushed walnut). In setting up the enclosure, use a tip I learned from John Apple: Put substrate (small smooth stones, moss, twigs, etc around the enclosure and leave the center of clear of any debris. The spider sill bury themselves there. Nice to know where they are since I have had a couple of WOW! moments with mine. Only feed every 2-3 weeks and requires no additional water in the enclosure. I do mist a corner from time to time but never have seen mine actually utilize it. Locked enclosures only as the biggest risk is someone else sticking their hand in there. Like the trapdoors, these spiders do not often present themselves. Often called "Pet Sand". But, like the trapdoors, when they feed it is explosive.

kenney

3 Year Member
How big would you say for an enclosure? Would want to house it once and only once..... just knowing how bad they truley arr

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep. Don't blame you at all. Have mine in a two gallon acrylic and that should be more than enough space.

Latest posts