• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Show me your LPs!

Rockpython

3 Year Member
20151006_182723.jpg
"Frankie" with her first molt since I've had her...

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, I get you. I also get tired of the odd looks when it's revealed that I have 31 spiders and a roach colony. Most times I laugh it off, other times it can be a little offensive. Good thing I have a little bit of self restraint and manners. A little bit.
When they ask me "WHY!? do you keep those things?" I simply say "they are fascinating. Why do you not keep them?"

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mature female, enclosure photo is from Nov 2012 when it was first built. Today she done some minor redecorating, made her hide deeper, and web a bit, but otherwise it looks pretty much same today.
2012-11-11_17-06-04_670.jpg
Yours hides?? I thought I found a species that could care less..I know they're individuals but for some reason this shocked me. Nice enclosure though. If I ever get my female gravid I'll make hers nice like that. I just don't want anything impeding me from saving my male when they finally breed. I'm almost positive she'll try to kill him, powerfed or not :eek:

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She was a pet hole for the last couple years. 6" when I got her, now pushing 8"+. It was not until recently that she started sitting out in the open. She will head for her hide if disturbed though.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow, that's actually the first time I've had anyone tell me that about an Lp..I've bumped into my females enclosure rather hard a few times, and she used her hide for maybe ten minutes, then she came right back out. When I take the top off she will not retreat at all. I love this species, I'll only be happy when I have 4 or 5 more.