• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I be worried?

Agno

3 Year Member
Hello everyone
Got me 2 new Ts today: a second Versicolor sling and finally a P regalis sling!
I'll post a picture of my Poki soon soon and hope anyone can spot its gender but in the mean time, I got two pictures of my new Versi. He/she's got this thin white 'string' like thing on her back and beneath.
Is it smth I should be worried? I checked with a magnifier, it seems to be web but I'm not 100% sure.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0825.PNG
    IMG_0825.PNG
    776.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0827.PNG
    IMG_0827.PNG
    903.6 KB · Views: 35

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Its probs just silk, avics have a habbit of webbing everything and anything, even whilst they walk. I wouldnt worry as long as the temp and humidity is right, and its eating. I just found my versi molting this morning
ae14e4dd0beb415ca4e5e2e66119124d.jpg

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Honestly I don't know. I also tend to think it's only silk. If it's something like a worm (nematod), there should be other clues: lots of webbing, erratic behavior, a "wet" zone around the chelicerae, the pedipalps folded near the mouth... Keep us informed.

Agno

3 Year Member
It should just be web then, from the small container she was in during the transportation. She's eating, drinking and webbing just fine. Waiting for her next pray now!

Latest posts