• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

She's here!!

Rmac88

3 Year Member
So dragged my wife out to Petco today, and she bought the sweet little A. avic for me for my birthday!!! Ahh I'm soo excited!!

3b32beb51c78c87206622c45ebaee497.jpg

When we got home me and my four year old went to work making air holes and setting up her new home!

3f1856a43ac022651ae8a0bab7a51d84.jpg

776965bbc3ace17b82f5412d21011381.jpg

Then my wife, daughter and I rehoused her! She was such a sweetheart, never kicked any hairs, ran about a bit which I think knocked five years off my wifes lifespan [emoji14]

f44a8d07e59df08a6f0add30c0ff7e11.jpg

42fd941c56e18fa9d9024d69a4ac145b.jpg

Exploring her new digs!

Anyways, I can't believe how well my four year old helped me out. She was so intrigued and thought Buttercup (she named the spider) was the cutest thing. She is leaps and bounds from where she was just a year ago when she would scream and hyperventilate if a tiny little fly even landed on her. My wife even keeps talking about how cute Buttercup is!

So I will end this post with a pic of Buttercup in her new home, next to my B. albo sling! Thanks for checking this out yall!

5b867a43e7bbb5420cf31887bc558dd8.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So dragged my wife out to Petco today, and she bought the sweet little A. avic for me for my birthday!!! Ahh I'm soo excited!!

3b32beb51c78c87206622c45ebaee497.jpg

When we got home me and my four year old went to work making air holes and setting up her new home!

3f1856a43ac022651ae8a0bab7a51d84.jpg

776965bbc3ace17b82f5412d21011381.jpg

Then my wife, daughter and I rehoused her! She was such a sweetheart, never kicked any hairs, ran about a bit which I think knocked five years off my wifes lifespan [emoji14]

f44a8d07e59df08a6f0add30c0ff7e11.jpg

42fd941c56e18fa9d9024d69a4ac145b.jpg

Exploring her new digs!

Anyways, I can't believe how well my four year old helped me out. She was so intrigued and thought Buttercup (she named the spider) was the cutest thing. She is leaps and bounds from where she was just a year ago when she would scream and hyperventilate if a tiny little fly even landed on her. My wife even keeps talking about how cute Buttercup is!

So I will end this post with a pic of Buttercup in her new home, next to my B. albo sling! Thanks for checking this out yall!

5b867a43e7bbb5420cf31887bc558dd8.jpg

Congratulations on the new addition and well done to your daughter for overcoming her fears. I try to get my 3 youngest to embrace my passion, my eldest has a T at her house so she is sorted, the others are still coming to terms although my youngest did hold her first T a couple of weeks ago so I am getting there.....lol. Lovely little spider the avics. Enjoy.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Its great achivement when help some one over there fear and feel good factor not just them but also yourself .My daughter was scared think she still is but actually held one my Ts .Also my eldest son has taken interest in my praying mantises and has 4 which took yesterday . Also I over came my fear nearly 6 yrs now, but all we can do is spread the love of the hobby .Enjoy your new T.

Rmac88

3 Year Member
That's great and the enclosure is perfect. Enjoy the little buddy you and your family! My kids were also afraid of spiders but now they are so used to them that my 12 years old son burst into tears when one of our P metallica died.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
Oh wow! Amazing how quickly one can form a bond with a creature like this. As soon as I saw her little avic walk as I gentled nudged her out of her "death cube" and into her home, I knew I just loved her! Unfortunately my 12 year old couldn't be bothered...apparently her cell phone was more important/interesting[emoji49]

Thank you all so much!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh wow! Amazing how quickly one can form a bond with a creature like this. As soon as I saw her little avic walk as I gentled nudged her out of her "death cube" and into her home, I knew I just loved her! Unfortunately my 12 year old couldn't be bothered...apparently her cell phone was more important/interesting[emoji49]

Thank you all so much!

My middle one is 14 and has same attitude. Don't worry though, they say the first 40 years are the worst so it's counting down now :)

Meludox

3 Year Member
Congrats on the new addition! I bought an Avic avic from a pet store a few months ago as well, which my mother named 'Wink' and he is one of my favorites! Molted a couple of months ago, and I now know he's male, and he has just bursted with character. Insane feeding response and whenever I move his enclosure he crawls up from behind the cork and just stares at me. lol, he's the only T that I have that I actually find cute.