• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sharing an idea

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OK so, needed some cork as I have some slings that will need rehousing and I like to look ahead. Was browsing amazon for cork. Horribly expensive stuff all and all, found this little gem for $10+ free shipping.
IMG_2889.JPG
IMG_2891.JPG
IMG_2893.JPG
IMG_2895.JPG

Planter dimensions are about 9" diameter x 5" height. This inside diameter is approximately 7" diameter x 4" height. There's also that nice piece of flat on the bottom. Figured I could break or cut it into sections and it's a win win!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i thought it was fairly cheap - 1 ft tube about 6" diameter (medium size) for $8.94 on amazon.

Or neherpetoculture has tubes up to 18", about 4" diameter for 20 plus shipping. I'm going to get a couple of those and the 5lb bulk order from them for odds 'n ends - flats, half tubes, etc..

I use "rose cutters" for cutting cork bark and sticks, quite accurate snipping and I'd rather not use a box cutter incase I lose a finger... :)
For the tubes i use a coping saw to cut off a section of tube, then the rose cutters (i got the large for branches up to 1") to cut that section into the pieces i want for hides.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With this one piece I can conservatively do about a dozen (12) juvenile enclosures. Last flat I bought locally cost me about sixteen dollars plus the fuel to get there, so about $20. Got far far more this way for half the price. Lol

Redacted

3 Year Member
With this one piece I can conservatively do about a dozen (12) juvenile enclosures. Last flat I bought locally cost me about sixteen dollars plus the fuel to get there, so about $20. Got far far more this way for half the price. Lol
You did very well.

Latest posts