• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scorpions! If you got em, post em!!!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We asked, and we've received.. So lets get things going
Opphistothalmus Walbergi - Tri-Color Burrowing Scorpion
wahlbergi003.jpg

Hadogenes Troglodytes - Flat Rock Scorpion
FRock.jpg

Atx13

3 Year Member
Nice looking scorps! I've only ever kept an Emperor, and it died 3 days after i brought it home from the pet shop, never got any others.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Flat rocks typically aggressive? any recommendations for a "First" scorpion, thats not an emperor.. :p

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No, not agressive at all. Thy're defensive, and hide constantly. But they're Huge and my personal favorite scorp.
As far as good 1st scorps excluding P.Imps. Burrowing (walbergi) Scorps are great , mild venom, good size, same with desert hairys.
Bark scorps are good too although much smaller.

Atx13

3 Year Member
No, not agressive at all. Thy're defensive, and hide constantly. But they're Huge and my personal favorite scorp.
As far as good 1st scorps excluding P.Imps. Burrowing (walbergi) Scorps are great , mild venom, good size, same with desert hairys.
Bark scorps are good too although much smaller.
i really like how this Paruroctonus silvestrii looks, but I can't find any info on them, minus a few sting reports... no real care info.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they're cool scorps. I think they're comparable (looks wise) to a smaller H.Arizonensis.
I've never kept them, but they come from Ca, so we can figure out theire climate and keep accordingly.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I just don't wanna end up with something that can kill me, lol. I've always avoid Scorps for that reason...
My buddy got a Deathstalker scorp, that was sold to him as something less potent.. he knew what it was, but i'm not that good at identifying scorpions.. my biggest concern with 'em.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Our native scorpions my part of Ga are Vaejovis carolinianus. Their pincers are relatively small, and have a very mild sting. I have actually rolled over on one in my sleep and was stung several times on my stomach and didn't wake up.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Our native scorpions my part of Ga are Vaejovis carolinianus. Their pincers are relatively small, and have a very mild sting. I have actually rolled over on one in my sleep and was stung several times on my stomach and didn't wake up.

There are a couple scorps with small pincers and mild venom, but there are very few with large pincers and potent venom. The Asian Forest is the only one I can think of right now.

Atx13

3 Year Member
There are a couple scorps with small pincers and mild venom, but there are very few with large pincers and potent venom. The Asian Forest is the only one I can think of right now.
Asian forest? Could that be labeled as an Asian Bark? They have one at the pet store..

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Asian Forest scorps look like Emperors. Asian Barks are small and long. It could be mis-labled but they are different scorps.
AF - Heterometrus sp
AB- Lychas Mucronatus

Latest posts