• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ruined webweb

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Checked the Ts today for feeding and water and noticed the A. versicolor hanging out at the top of her enclosure. Odd for her to be there. Then I noticed her web tunnel was destroyed.

Looks like an old dusty cob web found ing the attic or something.

And then it dawned on me. Dry wall guys were mudding my wall and sanding. Spiders are in my son's room and the door is kept closed. But I can't think of anything else that would cause this.

1460850287386-22228302.jpg

Of course when I go to take a pic she's in the web again.
1460850331889-1037133343.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Trying to fix the stupid phone from duplicating the title and posted before I was finished and still didn't get the title fixed lol.

So should I remove the web or just let her be? I used a magnifying glass when she was on the wall at the top and there's no visible dust on her. Also checked the other Ts and they have no signs of dust.

Removing the web would give the opportunity to add a water dish.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's what I thinking also. I might redo both avics since they were closest to the doorway just to be safe.

Should be a fun afternoon with both of my escape artists lol.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
After the sp. Peru purple calmly walked up the side and into the catch cup I redid her home.
20160417_183821.jpg

And once again she's building her web on the ground. Guess that's what those do.

The versicolor was easier than expected. No escape attempts but she didn't want to go back in the enclosure. Normal for her.
20160417_220906.jpg

She's staying more up top now though.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
good call thats what i would have done. when in doubt....clean it out. I mean it is a little bit of stress to the spider, but overall better for them if u have any contamination suspicions.

Latest posts