• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RIP Trigger, my soul dog

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Today I had to let my beloved big boy Trigger cross the Rainbow Bridge. He would have been 11 in November and until a few days ago he was full of life and joy.
On Sunday he seemed really lethargic and unhappy, wouldn't touch his food and just managed to walk down the road and back. He was x-rayed and scanned today when they found a large mass on his spleen.
The vet was going to remove the spleen (there was an 80% chance it was malignant), but when they cut him open they discovered that there were a lot of small tumours all over his abdomen and he was bleeding internally. How he managed to walk and even play even this morning, I don't know, tough old boy.
I had to let them release him although my heart is breaking.
He'll leave a huge gap in our lives and will be missed dearly by many people (and dogs).
One of the last photos I took of him last week:
vUvmIgd.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh hun :,( so very sorry.
Lost our Lab two years ago to cancer during her second bout of chemo. Still look for her every day. My heart hurts for you.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so, so sorry. I know you must be devastated but he had a happy life with you and you have all of those happy memories of him.

R.I.P Trigger

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry @Fuzzball79 just saw this :( At least he was well cared for and had a good life.

It's mind boggling how they can just ignore pain like that and adapt so quickly.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry @Fuzzball79 just saw this :( At least he was well cared for and had a good life.

It's mind boggling how they can just ignore pain like that and adapt so quickly.
Thanks.
It's now been a month and I no longer cry my eyes out every night, but every now and then the tears still come.
It's little things like, checking I have enough fuel to get to the animal clinic for his hydro and then it hits me with a sledge hammer that he's gone :(, or automatically buying his favourite treats.
I'll always miss him.

I have however put a deposit down for a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog pup, so if everything goes well there might be the pitter patter of tiny puppy feet in our house around Christmas time or next spring (depending on the litters). I know I'll never be able to replace my big boy, but I think there is enough space in my heart for another fur baby and it'll do my girl Storm some good, too, having a little brother. She's just starting to get back to herself in the house.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Fuzzball79, I'm a bit late to this, but I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. As someone who loves his dogs like members of the family, I get it...believe me. He was an absolutely beautiful boy, and I'm sorry for your loss. Try to remember the great times you had together. He'll never be replaced but, like you said, you can still love another. Please keep us updated on your Czechoslovakian Wolfdog puppy. Hopefully, it works out and Storm gets a new sibling.

- Tom

Latest posts