• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rehousing of cobalt blue was a success

Joe williams

3 Year Member
Managed to rehome my lividum in its brand new enclousure with out any escapes or injury by slowly! flooding the burrow until he showed him self then using a knife stuck it in the entrance of the burrow so he couldn't get back in it and using a cup in this instance a protein shaker ( suprisingly good keeps you out of strike range ) and then moving him into his new home took 30 mins jobs a gud un

Attachments

• 20161204_165709.jpg
    20161204_165709.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58

Redacted

3 Year Member
Managed to rehome my lividum in its brand new enclousure with out any escapes or injury by slowly! flooding the burrow until he showed him self then using a knife stuck it in the entrance of the burrow so he couldn't get back in it and using a cup in this instance a protein shaker ( suprisingly good keeps you out of strike range ) and then moving him into his new home took 30 mins jobs a gud un
Great, but did you ever breathe???

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Git er done! :D Mine is always a runner, I just accept it and do it in the tub. Her and the poecis are spaztic, lol. Good times!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Huge congrats. any lividum rehome without injury can only chalked down to a success.....lol. And at last, something useful for the protein shaker I have had in the cupboard for a while.....lol. new year, back on the weights, I promise :p

Joe williams

3 Year Member
Huge congrats. any lividum rehome without injury can only chalked down to a success.....lol. And at last, something useful for the protein shaker I have had in the cupboard for a while.....lol. new year, back on the weights, I promise :p
Thanks man yeah I was impressed with it tbh did a great job at keeping her out of my bathroom haha

Joe williams

3 Year Member
Day two still hasn't found the pre dug burrow I left for her. she's just webbed a nice comfy patch of substrate on the surface and is chilling haha come on buddy what more you want from me.

Attachments

• 14810575227901917126607.jpg
    14810575227901917126607.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Day two still hasn't found the pre dug burrow I left for her. she's just webbed a nice comfy patch of substrate on the surface and is chilling haha come on buddy what more you want from me.
Mine was the same, she took a week webbing up a hide in the plants, then found the nice deep burrow. Havent seen her since, though it's well reinforced, all the way down.

Latest posts