• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RedCapTrio Ts

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I found it difficult to maintain individual threads for my Ts so I decided to compile various T update under one thread :p:rolleyes::oops:

Here are today's feeding photos:
Dos Chac's first meal after his molt

Albus, very good appetite on this T

Andie, also with good appetite

Emie's first meal! The smallest in my collection attacked its prey impressively

Another shot of Emie

Pinkie just molted so no feeding for it then Trani and Tula have barricaded themselves in so guess no feeding for them also. :rolleyes:

Just sharing guys, happy T keeping! :T:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tartar is on a diet since it is about to burst!

It is wondering what happened to the substrate it gathered over the water dish. I cleaned it up when I found that the substrate on the dish were "dirt" (bolus and exudium) from its burrow. ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ts in isolation but I can still see them!
Trani's wall on its hide entrance, quite formidable.

Tula making large chambers and also not been on the surface for some time

Both may be in premolt. :D

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Albus also molted today! That leaves Emie and fortunately, when I dropped a dead meal worm in its enclosure this morning, it was not interested so may be in premolt.

However, tiny white specks appeared on the dead mealworm when I am about to remove it. Alas, there were mites on it! :eek::mad::(

I immediately removed the mealworm and the mites I could get with my forceps and flushed them. :(:(:(

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I actually caught Tartar molting! The carapace was out and the legs halfway. It was pretty amazing. I took no photos as it is inside the hide and the flash might disturb it. I was only using my red light as I checked on it.

Then, it flipped over a couple hours later and its exudium is tucked in the depths of its hide so no chance of checking it out for now.

:D:D:D

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good news, my Emie finally molted! The last one to molt first time under my care. I don't think it grew much, still very much the smallest T in my collection.

Then bad news:

My 3yo kid toppled one of my enclosures and the T got squished by the substrate as it feel to the floor, a four-feet drop. I don't know how it happened since I was at work. Said enclosure was lighter since I just removed the hide where I saw black molds starting to grow. But sadly, I have to say goodbye to Pinkie. :( :( :(

Kid was devastated since it was him that actually started my T hobby. He said he just wanted to sneak a peek. He recovered when I told him that we will just "hunt" for another one.

:T:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tartar turned out male! He was cleaning out his hide and he placed his exuvium above the water dish. He made it easy for me to take a look at it. But, what's your second opinion guys? Here are the photos:

Almost 4" on his last exuvium:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He's a beaut isn't he?

He was just chillin when a golden-bellied lizard dropped on him.

Whoa! First threat pose observed!

From 0 to 90mph attack speed! Nom nom nom...

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Got a few Ts coming this weekend! Fingers crossed that they'll arrived safe and sound.

1 - A. geniculata
2 - C. cyaneopubescens
3 - G. pulchripes (another one cause it's a freebie!)
4 - C. darlingi (will be my first OW species)

:T: :T: :T: :T:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The OW is a freebie too so I am glad that it's great. LOL. Sigh, these will be due next week still. The dealer just received the batch of genics today and I feel that he should rest them first before sending them out again. So, I told him that I don't mind if he'll ship my orders come Monday.

I may have matured a bit by being patient this time. LOL. :D

BLUE BEAUTY

3 Year Member
My Oligoxystre diamantinensis decided to play a trick on us this morning. I came home and she was in her hide on her back. As I was watching she turned back over and came out of her hide.