• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Red Runner Colony

Samantha895

3 Year Member
hello all. I was wondering where would be a good place to get a red runner roach colony? I live in the middle of nowhere with little resources. I do realize they breed fast but I know a lot of people who don't want to drive over an hour for crickets. I'm in the states btw:)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cape Cod roaches, and I think the dubia suppliers all carry them now too. Dubideli, etc. I'd search it on google and shop around, some of those folks prices are a little high for feeders..

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
cape cod is great! little higher in prices but I've been happy with their services. Just don't order the starter colony, most places charge more for that than for a bunch of adult mixed roaches. You can get egg crates for dirt cheap and make your own food. I use veggies once a week or so, to supplement the ground dog food and fish food i feed my colonies.

They'll breed at mid 70s, but you need the humidity fairly high, 60% + if you're using a hygrometer. Took me a long time to figure that part out, i didn't realize the humidity in those bins i was using was lower than the ambient room humidity.

Latest posts