• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recommended reading for new keepers

BigOtto

3 Year Member
I first read "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" By Stanley A. Schultz, Marguerite J. Schultz when I first thought about getting a tarantula as a pet. I would recommend it to any one that is thinking of getting a tarantula as a pet themselves. The hobby can be very rewarding.

It can be found online for under $15.00.

Those of us in the hobby do say that tarantulas are like potato chips, you can never just have one. This book will be able to help you with a wide variety of species and problems.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Is this the one, Otto? (Image links to Amazon.com page)

jetfire

3 Year Member
when I first got into t's,I took the time to research the species I was interested in. I read everything I could get my hands on or click a mouse on.what really struck me was the sheer volume of seemingly contradictory information out there...some care sheets i've read sound like they were written by caring professionals, some come off like they were written by exterminators (tons of bad advice, surefire recipe for a deceased arachnid)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hopefully we can help debunk some of that bad info and help spread the word about what really works!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
He posts on arachnoboards... We gotta get him to post here too!! :) ;)

laurarfl

3 Year Member
I spoke with him a few times YEARS ago when I was first bringing T's into my educational program and bought my G rosea. He's a nice guy, quite the expert.

Latest posts