• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reclassifications

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A thread for links to those reclassifications of Ts that drive us all mad.

To start it off the reclassification of Avicularia

http://zookeys.pensoft.net/articles.php?id=10717

img_0653-jpg.22826

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A thread for links to those reclassifications of Ts that drive us all mad.

To start it off the reclassification of Avicularia

http://zookeys.pensoft.net/articles.php?id=10717

img_0653-jpg.22826
so if I am reading this correctly. Avic avic is no longer Avic avic, but Avic Avic is now actually Avic Velutina, Avic ancylochyra, Avic exilis, Avic Cuminami and Avic nigrotaeniata? God knows what my "Avic Avic" is now then!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
"Thou shall own at least one B. Smithi.& thou shall feed in to the Tarantula need."

Is B hamorii close enough?

This is my newest tarantula and it is just one that brings a smile to my face each time I see it. In fact, I can see the cage without even getting out of bed.

B hamorii Samaria settles in 2.jpg

How can anyone object to one of these?

Calico

3 Year Member
Is B hamorii close enough?

This is my newest tarantula and it is just one that brings a smile to my face each time I see it. In fact, I can see the cage without even getting out of bed.

View attachment 33399

How can anyone object to one of these?

My all time favorite. I can't wait until my little guy (1.5") looks like this. Maybe about 3 years! At least since the last molt a couple of weeks ago, I'm starting to see the red markings.

Latest posts