• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Realized I have multiple uses..

Rmac88

3 Year Member
For the feeders I buy my B. albo sling thanks to my other hobby. I bought two pinhead sized crickets yesterday, but my spider refused to eat (fingers crossed he will moult soon :D ), so I left one in there with him/her and took the other one outside...

791f512949907284b494770e34368fba.jpg

Looks like even what my T doesn't eat, my plants will [emoji16]

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Rmac88

3 Year Member
Bahahaha! Seriously though I'm the same way, but I've now kept certain carnivorous plants (even tropical pitcher plants) alive and growing for years now, they are quite easy and fascinating!

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Very nice, I've also got a flytrap, feeding it is awesome! :) Also got a Sarracenia minor seedling that is doing very well! Aren't CPs the best?

Rmac88

3 Year Member
Very nice, I've also got a flytrap, feeding it is awesome! :) Also got a Sarracenia minor seedling that is doing very well! Aren't CPs the best?
Absolutely they are! I'm lucky in that I live about 100ish miles from Dionaea's natural habitat, so they do perfectly fine outdoors year round:)

Sarracenia's actually give me problems for some reason...I have a thriving S. Purpurea that I "rescued" from lowes, and thats it. My favorite CP are Nepenthes, and they grow just fine for me. I actually ordered an N. 'Gentle' from Wellspring Gardens, and when I recieved it it was basically an un-rooted cutting that was in a package with no padding. Looked like the UPS guys played kickball with it, and the plant itself was torn to hell, even the growth tip was broken.

All I could do was put it in my highland chamber in the same room I keep my Ts, and hope. Well, that was about 6 months ago or so, and just last week it popped its first pitcher for me [emoji1]

eb84c1cc0126d8688882f2531c0d43b2.jpg

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Absolutely they are! I'm lucky in that I live about 100ish miles from Dionaea's natural habitat, so they do perfectly fine outdoors year round:)

Sarracenia's actually give me problems for some reason...I have a thriving S. Purpurea that I "rescued" from lowes, and thats it. My favorite CP are Nepenthes, and they grow just fine for me. I actually ordered an N. 'Gentle' from Wellspring Gardens, and when I recieved it it was basically an un-rooted cutting that was in a package with no padding. Looked like the UPS guys played kickball with it, and the plant itself was torn to hell, even the growth tip was broken.

All I could do was put it in my highland chamber in the same room I keep my Ts, and hope. Well, that was about 6 months ago or so, and just last week it popped its first pitcher for me [emoji1]

eb84c1cc0126d8688882f2531c0d43b2.jpg

Nice, I've been wanting some sort of Nepenthes for a while, they are so cool! Glad yours grew for you, seems like you have a pretty green thumb! :)

Rmac88

3 Year Member
Start off with an easy to grow highland Nep, and you will love them ;) my first was N. Sanguinea orange, it grows like a weed on my windowsill with just a once a day misting