• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Psalmopeus Cambridgei

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A couple shots of my Cambridgei pair.
I paired them last night. The female is a little in the small side at 5.5 but she's freshly molted and mature so..

I also made a stupid mistake that I continually make with arboreal species, which is neglecting to move the female into a larger enclosure before pairing. I think I'll do that tomorrow. I did however, get the male out safely, and I'll be pairing again shortly.
This is relatively easy species to breed as long as you get a good pairing ; I've had them go from pairing to second instars in 10 weeks in the past. (I've also had them take much longer)

The obvious issue here (that I bone headedly created) was that the male couldn't get much leverage, it took him nearly two hours to get under her and even attempt making inserts. I think I'm gonna go to Petco tomorrow and buy a couple 5 gallon tanks and screens.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they can be. But I put the enclosures in a larger tote so that when they do run they're easier to corral

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
I got a baby cambridgei from Kenny. super cool. All doing fine by the way! Although I probably feed them a bit much I love watching them eat LOL.

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I have a one of these they are gorgeous I believ eit is female based on the coloring. Insanely fast when i spray her enclosure with water she spazzes out trying to attack the stream it is funny to watch.

Frances Pauli

3 Year Member
Gorgeous pictures! I adore this species. Purchased six slings awhile back and they are finally starting to show adult coloring. Crossing my fingers there's at least one female in the batch. Well done on the pairings! :T:

Latest posts