• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PROBLEM IN MOLT PROCESS?

asiwufa

3 Year Member
Hey there,

thanks in advance for responses. I have a (younger) curly hair that started to Molt. I didn't see her start the process, so I don't know how long this has been going on for. but when I walked in on her, she was laying upside down with the Molt on top of her with her legs sprawled out not moving AT ALL. it's been several hours now and she hasn't moved an inch. is she okay?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It takes them a while to recover from the moulting process and when she's ready she'll push the old exo away and right herself but she will most likely not move far for a whil.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Some take longer than others to recover, just give it a little more time and make sure there's fresh water available. She's very weak right now, just needs rest and rehydration.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
still no movement...
Ah I've never had one wait that long to turn back over, im sorry but I fear the worst :( I'd never suggest touching a T after molting but maybe give it a nudge with a soft paint brush and see if there's any movement. Are her legs curled up at all?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@asiwufa Have you removed the old exo? Did it come away easily or was it still stuck to the T? You could try dribbling a drop of water on its mouth.

Latest posts