• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pokies arrived but I have a slight complication

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
ok today my p regalis and p fasciata arrived from lllreptile along with some dubia.. amazing packing btw.. but the pokies arrived in a deli container.. fairly large containers thanfully but they are on slightly damp paper towels.. my issue is that my supplies hasn't arrived and probably wont for a few days.. so I'm am about to run to wal mart to pick up some emergency bedding.. as long as there isn't any added fertilizer would potting soil do until we get the eco earth shipment?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ok today my p regalis and p fasciata arrived from lllreptile along with some dubia.. amazing packing btw.. but the pokies arrived in a deli container.. fairly large containers thanfully but they are on slightly damp paper towels.. my issue is that my supplies hasn't arrived and probably wont for a few days.. so I'm am about to run to wal mart to pick up some emergency bedding.. as long as there isn't any added fertilizer would potting soil do until we get the eco earth shipment?
Yep. Works fine.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep, just check the back of the bag, make sure they haven't added anything. Stay away from the miracle gro stuff, they add foods to it. I'd get a bag of peat moss. Lighter than potting soil, and cheaper.

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
ok I took the pokies out and put in the top soil and returned the spiders to the deli containers.. the fasciata wasn't bad but my god the regalis is SO dang fast!!!! it was insane how fast it is but luckily all is well and they seem to be settling in... once they have had tine to calm down I'll get some pics

Latest posts