• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

poecilotheria rufilata communal

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Just tead through this thread. How amazing!! Id be so scared doing maintanance lolol too many to keep 2 eyes on!!!
Nice Ts tho
To be fair it's not been to bad at the moment they have a brand new enclosure now which I've been meaning to update soon

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Update not good. so ive had a death I woke up this morning to a half moulted T thing I can't work out is it either got stuck in its moult and got dragged out the hide or it got killed during moult. When I woke up there was a another t on top of him and the moulted t does look like it's been feasted on im gutted to be honest all this time and I have my 1st death thing that's annoying is I don't truly know what happened he may of had a bad moult and died then got taken out the hide or killed during the moult either way it's spoilt my weekend sorry for the bad news

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. i am guessing after it died the others fed. If they got along this long with no incidents then it would seem logical they wouldn't kill him during the molt itself. sometimes they have bad molts and take to long to get rid of the old skin. they start to expand and harden and legs get stuck. Tarantulaguy(rob) had that happen and video taped it.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. i am guessing after it died the others fed. If they got along this long with no incidents then it would seem logical they wouldn't kill him during the molt itself. sometimes they have bad molts and take to long to get rid of the old skin. they start to expand and harden and legs get stuck. Tarantulaguy(rob) had that happen and video taped it.
This guy would of been big too it's a shame

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Don't give up! you are still in relatively uncharted territory and a pioneer. I am still waiting to have a nice batch of p. mets so i can have a go at communal. I give it another year and they should be ready to breed.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Don't give up! you are still in relatively uncharted territory and a pioneer. I am still waiting to have a nice batch of p. mets so i can have a go at communal. I give it another year and they should be ready to breed.
Make sure you post updates on here mate anything like that is interesting

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I absolutely will. I miss the forum. Things finally settled down got my man cave built (computer/T room) and more room for filming my feeding videos and taking pictures.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Another death not good I think it's happening this time I work up and saw a mangled rufilata another biggy now down to 4

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Sorry for your loss. So sad when we lose one.[emoji17]

Recently acquired 5 P. tigriniawessli slings ( 1-1/2" ) and thought, maybe, do a communal environment setup. Would be my first attempt doing one. Seeing this thread is cause for second thoughts.

Ghost

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear of your loss,I've never tried a communal myself but have thought about it a few times.

Are you going to separate them or leave them and see what happens?

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Its been a couple of weeks now since the deaths everything seems ok at the moment think the 3 remaining rufilatas are in premoult

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Bit of good news one of the rufies have moulted there have not been anymore deaths as of late the regalis is still in there doing well and the remaining 3 rufilatas are all together I could see straight away it was a moult and not a death I doubled checked anyway so everything is good for the time being

Latest posts