• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please, please, please...

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha I got a threat pose from my 1 inch G rosea (which I think may be a porteri, she's gotten rather brown, and species wasn't specified when she was gifted to me), as well as my tiny 1/4 inch B albo. They're so small that I couldn't even take it seriously, it just came across as cute :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Haha yeah. Its more adorable at that size.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The e.sp is about 1/3" all my other Ts will run and hide or stand still cautiously. Ironicly the only threat pose I got was from my g.porteri thats a 1/4" i was certain it would of been the obt that did that first,lol.

E.sp red seem to have no fear, mine is 0.5" (2 years old) and will always come to see what I'm doing. My OBT I've had 3 years and never seen a threat pose from her.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
E.sp red seem to have no fear, mine is 0.5" (2 years old) and will always come to see what I'm doing. My OBT I've had 3 years and never seen a threat pose from her.
They seem to like to explore lol. I'm pretty sure mine is fasting atm. Hasnt eaten in over a month. And i give it food every feeding day. I heard they will sometimes fast during the winter

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They seem to like to explore lol. I'm pretty sure mine is fasting atm. Hasnt eaten in over a month. And i give it food every feeding day. I heard they will sometimes fast during the winter

Mine has eaten well recently. When I first got it a year ago it would only eat prekilled but since its last moult it will take live, only very small crickets but 1 every 5 days or so.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Shampain - I read about the venom. I don't do a lot of hands on handling with my Ts. My boyfriend has handled our G. rosea but that's about it. I figure it's unlikely that they enjoy handling, so why stress them? I also read that P. vittata is a great beginner pokie, which also peaks my interest, along with their natural beauty of course.

@IamKrush - Anastasia at netbug is the vendor I'll be visiting first, after we help our friend get his tables set up. I purchased a lovely B. vagans from her at the last show. I usually stop by Kamel Spiders as well, great folks, I have one of their G. pulchripes slings. Do you go to the Hamburg show as well?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Anastasia is awesome. she'll treat you good.