• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help! Tarantula sprayed with Windex

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Should be fine I'd think. I had my whole collection in a closet, learned that stagnant non-circulating air tip the hard way ;) luckily i didn't lose any.

MeganG

3 Year Member
Sorry guys, my phone is out and I am hardly ever on a computer anymore! He doesn't seem to have much of a change. I have been keeping his water full, but he hasn't ever moved towards it. I drop a couple drops of water in his mouth about every other day. I got a bigger tank for him and put a couple of inches of coco substrate in the bottom. He's on a shelf in the kitchen and the room temp stays between 68 and 71 degrees with plenty of air circulating. My husband thinks he's already dead and my daughter doesn't want to give up on him. What do yall think? I can post a pic of him this afternoon. How long can he just sit in one place and still recover? I'm in no hurry to get rid of him, just wondering.

Ghost56

3 Year Member
At this point, even if he is still alive, whatever damage was done doesn't seem like it's going to get better. You could do the freezer method like was mentioned before or just "release" him outside for the sake of making it easier on your daughter if she's young.

I should add, you've done everything you could've done. If there was any chance he could have recovered, he would've done so under your care.

Last edited:

MeganG

3 Year Member
Thanks guys. My daughter is 10 and has opted for a proper funeral for him. I touched him just with my finger and he didn't move. I think that he has passed on. He did help me to become more comfortable handling Ts. I might even like to get one someday. I have really appreciated all of your kind words and support in trying to save him. I had hoped that he would recover, but I feel confident that with all of your help I did the very best for him that I could. I've always liked spiders and I have enjoyed learning more about Tarantulas since I brought him home. They are really fascinating creatures with their own unique personalities! Thanks so much and I will stick around this group to keep learning more about them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm sorry all of your care was in vain.:( Please stay around and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Redacted

3 Year Member
Thanks guys. My daughter is 10 and has opted for a proper funeral for him. I touched him just with my finger and he didn't move. I think that he has passed on. He did help me to become more comfortable handling Ts. I might even like to get one someday. I have really appreciated all of your kind words and support in trying to save him. I had hoped that he would recover, but I feel confident that with all of your help I did the very best for him that I could. I've always liked spiders and I have enjoyed learning more about Tarantulas since I brought him home. They are really fascinating creatures with their own unique personalities! Thanks so much and I will stick around this group to keep learning more about them.
Alot of life's lessons shared with your daughter for her betterment- Kindness, empathy, and ignorance. Glad that you'll be sticking around the site.

Ghost56

3 Year Member
I'd suggest a Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red Knee) for your next ;) very fun T's, always active, rarely hides, and usually are able to be handled.
I second this.

You've bought the correct things to house one, it'd be a shame to let it all go to waste :D. You and your daughter both seem to have taken an interest in them too, might be a good family "pet".

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry he didn't make it hun but good job trying to help him. I think I'd drop a few roaches in their coffee (dead of course) or a little windex when they weren't looking. Miserable beasts.

Latest posts