• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Playing Tug-Of-War with the Water Dish

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I lost.
I get it... just back away and leave your water dish alone. Sheesh.
_DSC0989-2.jpg

_DSC1015-2.jpg

_DSC1002-2.jpg

Ten minutes after I admitted defeat...
_DSC1019-2.jpg

VanessaS

3 Year Member
The little beastie firecracker has a couple of water dishes in there now. She keeps moving them to the back of her hide... the very back. I think she is sort of challenging me to try and get them back out. Little does she know I am way too chicken. :p

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just keep adding them. I give one to my porteri just to give her something to do to keep busy. She usually has five or six buried deeply somewhere. She spreads the glass beads around and buries those too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just keep adding them. I give one to my porteri just to give her something to do to keep busy. She usually has five or six buried deeply somewhere. She spreads the glass beads around and buries those too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My larger B. albo just takes the colored gravel out and spreads it around. He's back under the sub in premolt again and has everything buried now

VanessaS

3 Year Member
So, I left it a couple of days without giving her water and, lo and behold, one of the water dishes was brought out of the hide and put back where it started. I filled it with fresh water for her.
Smart little firecracker she is!

Prudance

3 Year Member
That's just too funny. I have an Lp that we used to fight with over the water dish. We gave her a ping-pong ball to play with now she doesn't attack her dish anymore when we take it to clean it out. Still won't give up her molts easily though.

Latest posts