• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Plastic Plants

VanessaS

3 Year Member
For all those fellow Canucks out there, especially around the GTA, where do you buy inexpensive plastic plants? I read someone post that they never use the silk ones, but I am having a really hard time finding inexpensive plastic ones.
I really hate paying the prices for the ones in the pet shops because they are ridiculously overpriced.
Just wanting to check on all my options.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not in that area but i got to petco or petsmart for mine, or did. but i quit putting them in the sling enclosures cause they just dig them up and bury them or just bury them.

If you have those there you might find some good deals. LLLReptiles i've also used. They'll ship to CA but it costs a bit more with the global priority mail, but their selection is awesome. I've got a couple skulls from them in the closet waiting for my guys to grow up to adults and crawl through the eye sockets ;)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Silk one r fine. i use them all the time. I order a big pack off of amazon from china for like 3 bucks....and it was a really big pack...cant beat that.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Check eBay, I got eight feet of silk/plastic ivy for under a dollar. I wove it through the dish rack in the dishwasher and steam cleaned it. :p

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I thought I read something where people thought the silk were dangerous because of the chemicals used on them. I would have bought silk ones at the dollar store.
I sucked it up and bought some plastic ones at the pet shop where I buy my feeders. They weren't that horribly priced after all.
I wash all of that kind of stuff... even the stuff meant for aquariums and whatnot. They stick like chemicals all the time.

Prudance

3 Year Member
I gave up on plants in most of my terrariums. The T's like to play with them, bury them and generally redecorate their homes as they see fit anyways. For my larger more active T's I give them a ping-pong ball to play with.

As for cleaning chemicals off of decor, you can use hot water, baking soda water or lemon juice (I've heard). Then rinse thoroughly.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't Prudence...if I have lemon juice and baking soda I have to play with it like a little kid in science class :(

Typographical errors courtesy of my iPhone &/or Tapatalk

Latest posts