• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pink toe

Brina916

3 Year Member
I am going to have to say yes and no, being new to keeping Ts myself and having a few pinktoes and a few others, as far as being docile yes pinktoes are generally not aggressive but my pinktoes are much faster and flighty than the rest. Mine are all slings so they are harder to control. So if you are getting a juvenile it might be a little easier. Now my adult rose hair will just sit on my hand or arm for as long as I let him.
I don't know if you know any thing about snakes but, they best way I found explaining it to my fiance (who is a snake guy) is pinktoes are like colubrids (corn snakes, king snakes, milk snakes etc) they can be great first pets and not generally aggressive (except for king snakes) but they are constantly moving and wont hold still.

BigOtto

3 Year Member
They do make good biginner T's if you want a pet to look at more than touch. I wouldn't recommend handling a pink toe due to their skittishness. Like it was said above they just don't stay still for very long and the possibility of them falling is high. This is the only T I have had that passed away under bad circumstances. I fed the tiny sling two pin head crickets and it dove off a piece of 3" cork bark at the cricket and missed, bounced off the side of the enclosure and never moved again. I was pretty upset to say the least.

Latest posts