• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pink toe acting weird?

KodyBailey

3 Year Member
hello iv recently bought a pink toe tarantula and everytime i touch its back end, it like moves it butt towards me. i dont know if it just likes me or if its trying to rub its hairs off on me? any advice? the first day i bought him * two days ago) i had him out of his cage and he was having a hell of a time crawlin from each hand and he actually jumped off onto the ground i was sitting down so he only fell maybe 2 feet ( well he jumped actually) although he did land flat on his feet could he still be injured? now hes just hiding from me and i dont know what to do :*( any advice?

TJB13

3 Year Member
My pinktoe hides all the time. A 2 foot fall could be serious, what I hear is it doesn't take much. I hope it's ok. As far as walking backwards at you... I got nothing.

KodyBailey

3 Year Member
okay so today he is climbing on the walls again and when i touch him he seems more calm, hes out of hiding and has been since i went to bed last night and still is this morning! his back end is still strangly attracted to my touch. its wierd cus my chiilean rose hair never hides ahah it just sits ontop of his coconut home like a boss!

KodyBailey

3 Year Member
haha for real? thats like a deffence these type of tarntulas do right? i just had him out today and he was actually doing good! im very new at handling tarantulas and with a few beers in me i am able to keep calm and hold this one. anyway, when i had him out he was steadly moving on my hands and he stopped so i gave him a little tap and he pooped all over me aha i put him in his cage directly after and went and washed my hands! he then went into his little rock hut!

so hes actually just linning up to poop on me? because its honestly like its some sort of static electricity thats making it attacrt. its honestly like a magnet. im going to make a video of it tommorow just so you can see it! i was showing buddies today and its not like they are tarantula experterts or anything or even know a thing about tarantulas, but they were like holy thats weird haha

Attachments

• pinkman.jpg
    pinkman.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 319

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
My pink toe actually jumped 15 feet across my room when I first got him. I'm so glad that he was okay. If you're going to handle him, make sure you're doing it inches off the floor, so that if it does fall it wont rupture his abdomen.

And yeah, when it points it's butt at you it's shooting poop. It's their main defense mechanism. My Pink Toe has never thrown a threat pose, and as far as I know has never shot poop at me either. I just transferred it from it's cage today with not hassle what so ever.

KodyBailey

3 Year Member
thats crazy! im going to have to be more gentle with it, or handle it more so it isnt so shye! i know your not saposed to handle them very much tho... i just dont want him to be shy!

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
thats crazy! im going to have to be more gentle with it, or handle it more so it isnt so shye! i know your not saposed to handle them very much tho... i just dont want him to be shy!

Just realize that it's a wild animal and two things are going through it's head. Eat or be eaten. They don't get any satisfaction out of being handled. And if a bite was to happen it's not the T's fault, it's ours. So just be really careful and try not to make a habit out of it, if you do decide to continue handling it.

JMXWLS

3 Year Member
So i handled my Avic for the first time in a while and she was doing great for a while, then she lined up for the shot and got me on the chin first time ever being poo'd on it was a different thing all together, oh well better than a bite i guess lol normally she is good and just chills

DeniseLeandra

3 Year Member
recently purchased my second pink toe tarantula, but instead of building a web and staying on the walls, she just sits on the ground in between the leaves of the fake plants. I thought maybe she was hungry , and waiting for prey but she's already eaten three crickets this week. She's still fairly young, but not a spiderling. I just want to know if theres anything i need to change in the enclosure, she seems rather comfortable on the ground though,honestly she seems quite happy, she has a small abdomen but a very long legspan and i'm positive she is a metallic pink toe she has her pink feet and everything. I'm beginning to wonder if she stays so close to the ground, bc i have a heat pad under her enclosure, should i take out some of the soil?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's probably on the ground because she's attracted to the heat coming from the heat pad. In all honesty, you don't need any extra heat source unless it's getting super cold in the room for extended amounts of time. Even then it's better to find a solution to raise the heat in the room as opposed to just the heat in the tank. General rule of thumb is; if you're comfortable in your home, so is your t. Other than that, as long as she has access to water, and she has something to climb and a place for her to hide away all should be fine. Pictures of the enclosure would be helpful, we can give better suggestions that way.

JMXWLS

3 Year Member
My pretty girl that has taken 2 days to put this little web together

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369669360856.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369669360856.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 321

JMXWLS

3 Year Member
Here are some better ones hope they help

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369674694202.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369674694202.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 230
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369674705786.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369674705786.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 234

JMXWLS

3 Year Member
Yea prices are fairly consistent , at least here in SL,UT , I've done done looking into it also to be sure and since she does have the super long hairs on the legs with the metallic coloring

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
A.Avics have the super long hair too, however the difference between them is that the A.Avics don't really have a consistent length throughout their bodies. I could be totally wrong, your A.Metallica could be just that. But I honestly don't think it is.

Latest posts