• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picked up my G. pulchripes - Photos!

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I'm guessing one is male and the other is female. They are just lovely! Their colours and markings are gorgeous. And they are both very sweet too.

I think that this is the male.

_DSC9104-2.jpg
_DSC9112-2.jpg

And I am hoping that this is a female.

_DSC9173-2.jpg
_DSC9149-2-3.jpg

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I googled some ventral photos of this species and compared them to these two. I really am hoping that she is female. They are the same size and looking completely different ventrally. That is a bulge on the suspected female.
The little boy did a little hair flicking being transferred, but the little girl immediately came out on her own to explore. It freaked me out a bit because they are fast as juveniles. She was moving so slowly and then darted onto my hand like lightening. It made my heart jump into my throat. I really need to get better at this. They slow down as they get older, right? Because she is an explorer, that one.
They are really, really gorgeous looking. I did the right thing to go and get them. The two of them were only $40 and everyone else is selling them for $50-$60 each and they're much smaller than these two and unsexed as well. You can judge their size by my hand in the last photo, he advertised them as being 3". I bought them from a university student who is now going to breed geckos instead. His loss, really.
And I met another centipede - the orange one from Vietnam. Beautiful, but scary for me. They're a nope for me.

The little girl (hopefully) exploring...

_DSC9194-2-2.jpg

_DSC9198-2.jpg

_DSC9200-2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts