• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picked up a GBB

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I went to the Hamburg show, knowing full well I'd be coming home with a tarantula, but figured I'd find a nice little B. smithi or emilia. After talking to Anastasia for a while, she convinced me that I needed a GBB in my life. It's hard to argue with their beauty and voracious appetite, so I'm now the proud new owner of a ~1" GBB sling.

c44cbd547f61ef494f252336f3e070c0.jpg

He/she doesn't seem to happy about the car ride.
aa63ddba87e6ed6301972970185d928e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Financial restraints :) I only brought so much cash so I would come back with 1 and not 10. I just so happen to have an abundance of Blatta lateralis and my dragons aren't fond of them, clearly the only solution is to acquire more Ts next time!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Financial restraints :) I only brought so much cash so I would come back with 1 and not 10. I just so happen to have an abundance of Blatta lateralis and my dragons aren't fond of them, clearly the only solution is to acquire more Ts next time!

Well done, I couldn't have been so restrained :)

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Well done, I couldn't have been so restrained :)
Once we move into a larger house in a few weeks, I will have far fewer reasons to exercise self control. With more space and a seemingly endless supply of roaches, there's no reason I can't bring home some more darling tarantulas :)

I also wanted to ask, this little T is nothing like a vitatta, but even so, I'd like to name it Enn. I know he/she will grow up to be absolutely stunning, just like your Enn was :) I conjured up some images via Google of what this little sling will grow up to be, and wow, are they incredible!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Once we move into a larger house in a few weeks, I will have far fewer reasons to exercise self control. With more space and a seemingly endless supply of roaches, there's no reason I can't bring home some more darling tarantulas :)

I also wanted to ask, this little T is nothing like a vitatta, but even so, I'd like to name it Enn. I know he/she will grow up to be absolutely stunning, just like your Enn was :) I conjured up some images via Google of what this little sling will grow up to be, and wow, are they incredible!

I'm sure Enn would be delighted to have a pretty little GBB named after her.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Enn it is. It's hard to imagine that this little peach and black colored sling is going to become such a colorful adult. I'm so excited to watch her grow!

I just love watching Ts grow and change to their adult colours. I amazes me how much they can change when they moult.

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
Congrats! I was at Anastasia's table and had to fight the urge to buy one of them! I am in a bit of a financial rut so I only allowed myself to buy my frozen feeders which I had intended on getting while I was there and possible a T or two for a friend of mine.

Latest posts