• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phidippus regius egg sac now x 3

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One of the babies from the 1st sac

DSCF9450 (3).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Mum was out and about today giving me chance to candle the sac and see more of what is happening. She made this sac behind the cork bark on the glass making it difficult to shine the torch through especially when she's in the cocoon too. There a quite a few on the move today.

DSCF9464 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
DSCF9852.JPG
I have rehoused 23 of Tallahassee's 2nd sac babies today. This time I have put 10 in each vial instead of housing them individually so I shall be interested to see if this works better

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yesterday Tallahassee made her circular web on the side of the container so I knew what was coming. Over night she has laid more eggs but this time the eggs have dropped down from her carefully made circle and are resting in what will become the cocoon around the whole. It's going to be interesting to see what she will do with them now.

Eggs sac number 3, you can see both the circle of web where the eggs should be and where the eggs have ended up.
DSCF0119 (2).JPG

Close up of the eggs
DSCF0119 (5).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can't believe she's managed more.
She is currently webbing over the eggs that are still on the circular sac, but I've just noticed there are more that have dropped into the web and some scattered on the floor. I'm hoping that she will reinforce the webbing around the ones that have dropped.
DSCF0122.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It looks as though she has moved some back into the sac. More have dropped to the bottom but earlier I thought she was eating those caught in the web but now there appear to be more in the sac than earlier and fewer in the web. I'll check properly tomorrow.

Latest posts