• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phidippus regius egg sac now x 3

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A new photo
DSCF8633 (3).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I decided this evening that I'd be wise to remove the substrate and cork bark from her container so when the little ones start moving around they don't get lost in them. It was easier than I'd expected, a large box in the bath, catch cup to hand and gently tipped the substrate out at the opposite side to her cocoon and mission accomplished without disturbing her or her babies.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I decided this evening that I'd be wise to remove the substrate and cork bark from her container so when the little ones start moving around they don't get lost in them. It was easier than I'd expected, a large box in the bath, catch cup to hand and gently tipped the substrate out at the opposite side to her cocoon and mission accomplished without disturbing her or her babies.
good idea. i have one of our tiny little A. seemanni BCF lost in the warrens of a piece of cork bark. I figure he'll come out when he's hungry lol

Pasodama

3 Year Member
How cool.
If we didn't have such a huge body of water
between us, I would take a few off your hands.
Jumping spiders are one of my favorites of the true spiders. They are so darn ~cute~ and seem to have this aura, of intelligence, about them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How cool.
If we didn't have such a huge body of water
between us, I would take a few off your hands.
Jumping spiders are one of my favorites of the true spiders. They are so darn ~cute~ and seem to have this aura, of intelligence, about them.

They are apparently very intelligent as much as a dog.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are apparently very intelligent as much as a dog.
They believe jumpers are one of the most intelligent creatures, more than a dog or dolphin even. They're the only creature, other than human, than can track and predict prey movements. They've studied jumpers watching prey go behind leaves and whatnot, and the jumpers know exactly where the prey will emerge, the move into position to pounce or watch it more. And they're the only creature alive with 360* x 180* vision. Truly amazing critters.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a serious issue with the lid, if she webs up how am I gonna open to water? I cannot disturb her like that.. I'll just need to cut a hatch with a box cutter and buy fine mesh netting?

Yes, she's going to make it difficult for you laying them right up there and you can't get the wood out either so when they hatch they can hide in it, I took the cork bark out of mine. I have loads of very fine mesh so I'll send you a bit, if I post it Tuesday when I go to the PO you should have it Wednesday.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tallahassee's babies are spreading out inside the cocoon now so they're not as obvious as they were. I dropped a few micro crickets I the container yesterday and mum's immediate response was to reinforce the web so I guess she's telling me that they're not ready to eat yet.

DSCF8704.JPG

Latest posts