• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PC gaming and PC building

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can now join in on this conversation! My boyfriend and I are building my computer, and we just oredered all the pieces tomorrow. I picked out all the outer pieces, and let him pick out the important bits to make it actually work as he that's what he went to (technical high) school for (even if he is not in such a job now). I tend to play Diablo, League of Legends and the SIMs but now my options can expand more..soon. Once they come in and he builds its..then I'll post pics...I could do my cart (Newegg) but IDK who would want to see that haha.
Me!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Well ok then:
Screenshot_2016-09-02-23-19-52.png
Screenshot_2016-09-02-23-20-35.png
Screenshot_2016-09-02-23-20-47.png

Adraps11

3 Year Member
Turns out I got a bad 970 gaming Aura, it was defective after one day so we replaced it with a different MOBO.
What motherboard is it? I have an Asrock 990fx Fatility right now, but I wouldn't recommend it, if you plan on overclocking. lol I can only get my fx8350 cpu from 4.0ghz to 4.8ghz all 8 cores stable. ONLY! The problem is the AM3+ safe socket temp is 70 degrees and when I stress test an OC with Prime 95 socket temp climbs to 65, but it never has anything that stresses it that much outside of synthetic benchmarks and stress tests. It's the Mobo's build quality that is the limiting factor. AMD is coming out with AM4 sockets motherboards late this year I believe. First they are realeasing Bristol Ridge 28 nanometer apu chips for socket AM4, with the flagship A12-9800 at the top. I think in the first or second half of 2017 they will release the 14nm Zen core Apu and Zen CPU chips. I'd overclock that fx6300 to really get the most out of AM3+, even if it is only like 4.5ghz, you'd be doing good.