• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pamphobeteus species

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have kids but I will NEVER get married EVER again. Just a BS piece of paper you sign agreeing to live a life of hell....and then when you try to get out of that legal and binding f*in contract, it's even MORE hell after the fact. Screw it. If you love someone you love them. You don't need a piece of paper to tell you that you do. (Sorry....had a bad day)....
Couldn't agree more.

Doc Miller

3 Year Member
I don't know Id say they're so expensive. Depends on the species. Some like P platty's are in the $35- $50 range . P nigro and others are in the $50 - $100. P petersi and others in the $100 - $150 and then there's P ultramarinus & P solaris at the high end. But still plenty of mid range species to collect. Rarity and what someone will pay is what sets price more so than always what it looks like.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Quite handsome. Are you going to breed him? (Doc: I know you do great work for this family of Ts)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd love to attempt to breed these but here in Texas I don't thimk i could afford the AC bill to keep them cool enough to produce...
I'm not familiar with your living arrangements, but if you have a small room with a window, just get a cheap window unit that has an energy saver mode. Voila! Where there's a will there's a way. Personally I've gotten tired of keeping my bedroom/ t room at 75, so i keep it at 70 constantly. All my spiders are doing well, even the slings ;) And I sleep much better..
Edit: iit does seem to slow their metabolism down, slightly. They dont eat as much anymore so I've had to adjust my feeding. I don't mind the slings growing slower, I like having a few babys in the mix.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I'm not familiar with your living arrangements, but if you have a small room with a window, just get a cheap window unit that has an energy saver mode. Voila! Where there's a will there's a way. Personally I've gotten tired of keeping my bedroom/ t room at 75, so i keep it at 70 constantly. All my spiders are doing well, even the slings ;) And I sleep much better..
Edit: iit does seem to slow their metabolism down, slightly. They dont eat as much anymore so I've had to adjust my feeding. I don't mind the slings growing slower, I like having a few babys in the mix.

Interesting idea. I've contemplated ways to cool a cabinet or something but I haven't found the energy to put such a project together yet. Plus in addition to my kitchen refrigerator/ freezer I have a deep freezer, a fridge that I turned into a fermentation chamber for homebrew and a wine and beer aging fridge. I'm not sure I'm ready to add another large cooling appliance...

That being said, if someone has pulled off a temp controlled cabinet of some kind, please do share with me!

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I live in central FL my T's are kept between 75 to 80. I have bred several species including phampho's with no issues to warrant a cooling system

I am certainly no authority on any of this. There isn't much out there to read on ultramarinus, but what I did manage to find said that these guys in particular need it around 70 to produce a sac.

That information could be wrong, but I'd rather not spend $600 trying to find out. If I had concrete evidence otherwise I would certainly think about it though. :)

Latest posts