• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. pulcher Question

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
So, my pulcher molted and left it's molting way down at the bottom of his home. When I try to remove it my Tarantula runs down to it and hides. How do I get it out without bothering my Tarantula?

IMG_20170422_212208.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tickle her out with prey, snatch and grab with long tongs :)
On second thought if she just molted she may not be interested..just gotta use a brush and gently guide her out, if possible.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the molt won't hurt anything being left in, unless it gets wet, then i could mold. they'll typically push them out when they get tired of it decorating the burrow.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wish! It destroyed the molt. No hope this time...
Just so you know, that's a great pic, and you just dictated my next purchase..what an absolute doll, I love the muted color scheme, the pulcher pulls it off very well. Whats her behavior like? Does she hide like itrminia or does she grow bold and show herself like a campbridgei?

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Just so you know, that's a great pic, and you just dictated my next purchase..what an absolute doll, I love the muted color scheme, the pulcher pulls it off very well. Whats her behavior like? Does she hide like itrminia or does she grow bold and show herself like a campbridgei?
I'm lucky that her burrow is made near the glass and I can see in. If she's hungry I always see her out like the above photo. If I open the enclosure or put too much light on her she bolts into her tunnels. Never aggressive. I've never had a itrminia or campbridgei. There's evidence of her walking around the enclosure, ie poop on the glass. Her webbing is from top to bottom, so much neater then my A. Versiolor. Almost like a C. cyaneopubescens web but vertical.