• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Ornata

Morgan94

3 Year Member
I know it's not an accurate way to sex a pokie but I just want other opinions.. my boyfriend and I are leaning towards a male.. (IT) just molted about a week and a 1/2 ago..
sorry the picture isn't the greatest
PART_1422508146999.jpeg

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I just recently learned that you can sex this species dorsally. And based on what I was told I would agree with male. The black patteren on the carapace is very reduced.

Poec54

3 Year Member
I just recently learned that you can sex this species dorsally. And based on what I was told I would agree with male. The black patteren on the carapace is very reduced.

Terrible picture for sexing, but I think you're right about the carapace. Male's carapaces tend to be a uniform color; females have two distinct black stripes.

Morgan94

3 Year Member
Terrible picture for sexing, but I think you're right about the carapace. Male's carapaces tend to be a uniform color; females have two distinct black stripes.[/QUOTE
Thanks guys I appreciate your opinions and I know the picture is terrible lol its probably as good as it will get with a phone camera and the T moving around like a spazz

Morgan94

3 Year Member
Mines pretty big about 3.5" give or take we just haven't gotten an opportunity to vent sex him 9 times outta 10 he's in his hide the other day when I snapped that picture was a rare occasion

Poec54

3 Year Member
Mines pretty big about 3.5" give or take we just haven't gotten an opportunity to vent sex him 9 times outta 10 he's in his hide the other day when I snapped that picture was a rare occasion

From the pic, it looks male, but post more pics if you can.

Morgan94

3 Year Member
From the pic, it looks male, but post more pics if you can.
Thanks Poec I'll try
We had his last molt but my kitten thought it would be fun to try to eat it..
I'll most likely get rid of him if he is a male because I don't have a mature female so I don't really see a point in keeping him