• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. ORNATA blue/light form?

elektragrl

3 Year Member
So I have found a few articles on the wed and seen pics and diagrams on marketings and how to tell the difference from the normal form but I can find any one who actually had one or knows where to get one. So if you know where to get one or know of someone who has one let me know. If you think this is Bs that's fine just please don't sit here and tell me this is a P. Metallica cuz it's not

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Sorry forgot the pic

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    943.9 KB · Views: 157

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
From what I have read (not my own knowledge obviously) they show up in a normal sack,
so I am assuming they are hard to come by, you might hit all the looking for/want to buy threads on the different forums ?

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
But it's a Poecilotheria metallica, isn't it?

No no no, I'm joking, lol!!! ;)

From what I've read, there are many colors variations in each spp. of Poecilotheria, one of the best known being the P metallica "black form". If you read german, you'll find informations here: Krehenwinkel, Maerklin, Kroes, "Ornamentvogelspinnen. Die Gattung Poecilotheria", p. 19. But I've never heard about a blue form of P ornata (the book doesn't mention P ornata). Anyway, thanks for letting me know it exists.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
But it's a Poecilotheria metallica, isn't it?

No no no, I'm joking, lol!!! ;)
Beat me to it. But I'm standing in line writing this, not sitting, so I can still say it right?

I'm not up to speed on pokies but I don't recall reading about a blue CF. Interesting...

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
It is a variant. Here is a page with a drawing of the difference in leg patterns: http://www.artroposfera.com/artículos/tarántulas/identificacíon-poecilotheria-sp/
I bred a normal pair of these many years back in SA and a while after the babies had grown up, realised that I had some sp."Blue".
They are actually relatively common in the South African market, but luckily don't command a higher price as most people are unaware.
As for the blue colouration, it is almost impossible to see a difference between the normal and blue ones, so not sure where the "blue" part came from

VanessaS

3 Year Member
From what I've read, there are many colors variations in each spp. of Poecilotheria, one of the best known being the P metallica "black form".
I just had to google that and see them for myself and they are one of the most gorgeous creatures I have ever seen. I have a thing for black tarantulas, though.