• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US P. Metallica & M. Balfouri Females

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick

3 Year Member
hello I'm looking for 2-3" or bigger of these two amazing inverts . I see prices that vary for both of these spiders. I'm looking for these spiders at this size for decent prices. Anyone know a site or have any willing to sell?

Derrick

3 Year Member
Hey thank you! I found a 2" p Metallica still hard to tell on male and female though. 150$

Meludox

3 Year Member
Yeah, I'm sure sexed P. metallica's, especially females, are hard to come by. You could just buy an unsexed one though and see what you get.

Derrick

3 Year Member
True slings are harder to care for in my opinion though I found fruit flies are best to feed when they are size of a dime with legs included. Pin heads when they are about the size of a quarter. Just harder for me. I like being able to drop a cricket, and watch the strike . Which my pink toe 3" is the most brutal! It barrel rolls on to them quite amazing to watch!

Thistles

3 Year Member
Are you pretty confident in your ability to care for potent (but shy) species? Where do you live? I have females of each in the 4" range. I also have balfouri slings ready to go.

Also, I don't recommend feeding fruit flies to slings as a sole food source. Some have reported that slings fail to thrive if they are only offered FFs. Give cricket drum sticks or cut up mealworms or dubia nymphs in addition to flies, if you use flies at all.

Derrick

3 Year Member
I have fed some pin heads as well with a crushed head I try to give variety. Thank you for more tips though always helps to learn new things. I have done some extensive research on both the Balfouri and Metallica I feel confident in caring for them. I do not plan to hold them and I plan to just watch rather than hold the others. I live in Bluffton Indiana I would be more than happy if you are willing to sell me each ! They have been my favorites for a long while!

Derrick

3 Year Member
Are you pretty confident in your ability to care for potent (but shy) species? Where do you live? I have females of each in the 4" range. I also have balfouri slings ready to go.

Also, I don't recommend feeding fruit flies to slings as a sole food source. Some have reported that slings fail to thrive if they are only offered FFs. Give cricket drum sticks or cut up mealworms or dubia nymphs in addition to flies, if you use flies at all.
I would love the 4" rang most! Just hope I can afford them lol you are amazing for the help though finding these guys are good prices are hard

Thistles

3 Year Member
I can do a 4" female of each shipped overnight to Bluffton for $500. Does that work for you? Paypal only before I ship.

Just so you aren't surprised, the balfouri has been with a male. I didn't see a pairing, but they were together for a while so it's possible that she'll drop a sac eventually.

Derrick

3 Year Member
I can trey to talk my wife into that she gave me a 300$ limit as of now I might be able to get one and wait a month or two for the other if that sounds okay? I have to get it on the first since my VA check only rolls through once per month

Derrick

3 Year Member
I can do a 4" female of each shipped overnight to Bluffton for $500. Does that work for you? Paypal only before I ship.

Just so you aren't surprised, the balfouri has been with a male. I didn't see a pairing, but they were together for a while so it's possible that she'll drop a sac eventually.
I am still getting used to the how to reply directly remembering this isn't Facebook bahaha, but I can do my best to get 500$ out of my wife's ok or not okay I do know not this month but the first I can spend 300$ she said I asked about 500$ for both since that's a really good deal! She said would have to see how much we get on tax return. If I can't do both at the same time I would like to do the p Metallica first then the Balfouri. What's your email so we can share information if you're comfortable that way? But so you know you made my year!!!!

Derrick

3 Year Member

Okay ya I just spoke with my wife should be by the first of March when I can do it 500$ invoice is what she said cuz she's going to sell a Tula. Love my wife lol. But ya we can make this work yeeeeeee so excited!

Thistles

3 Year Member
Hahaha, glad to see you're so excited. No rush! Shipping is expensive so it's definitely more efficient if you wait until you can do both together. I'll pm you my email. I'm expecting snow tomorrow, so I wouldn't be able to ship for a little while yet anyway.

Derrick

3 Year Member
Hahaha, glad to see you're so excited. No rush! Shipping is expensive so it's definitely more efficient if you wait until you can do both together. I'll pm you my email. I'm expecting snow tomorrow, so I wouldn't be able to ship for a little while yet anyway.
Well glad to see you're a kind and helping person. You literally are helping me achieve my two favorite Ts the rest are going to be all colorful ones some dwarfs others just all colors ! But I thank you for holding I understand snow trust me Indiana gets weird although it stormed the other day with lightning?'b in February....so weird hahah. Thank you though I tend to like text the most since I only use my phone to get ahold of people. If you are more comfortable with email that's fine just let me know who you are I get soooooo much spam mail.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey thank you! I found a 2" p Metallica still hard to tell on male and female though. 150$
Hey Derrik, I would be careful on who I purchase a 2" unsexed anything from. Poecies are easy to sex at that size, my friend. Some vendors sex theirs at that size and throw males off as unsexed just to sell them quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.