• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

p. irminia enclosure

Sarah Joy

3 Year Member
I just recieves a baby p. irminia for Christmas. I will post pics as soon as i can but it is about the size of my thumbnail. What would be the best enclosure and what exactly do I need to concentrate on? This is my first taste in arboreals (eek) and I really don't want to get this wrong. Right now it is in a small beta container with a lid with a piece of cork to climb and hide and eco earth substrate. I keep the humidity at 80%ish and the temp about the same. I have seen it drink from the condensation on the wall and was told it didn't need a waterdish yet... Am I doing anything wrong? I am used to the terrestrial tarantulas and I do not want to hurt it through my inexperience.
385307_10151242876854385_1320162302_n.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think general rule of thumb is 4x their size in height (for arboreal) or 4x floor space for terrestrials is what you should aim for as far as size of enclosure.