• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

p fasciata update

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
the regalis hasn't webbed yet but seems to explore a lot but my fasciata has made an interesting webbing.. he/she decided to attach a lot of strands of webbing from the ground to the container lid and it looks awesome.. funny thing is it made the ground to ceiling webs right in the center of the container I mean it's perfectly in the middle.. I find it amazing that we can find simple things like webbing design so amazing.. I'm proud of the little guy.. until he needs water changed tonight then I have to ruin his masterpiece :/

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are amazing. I have a few that have webbed to their lids and I find if you can lift the lid gently at one side you can usually manage to feed and water without totally destroying the web.

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
I acquired a handful of P. regalis slings and they have mostly all burrowed and some have webbed the entire enclosure while others just have their little burrow.

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
mine are still refusing to eat dubias lol so looks like I'm gonna have to buy some crickets.. I gave them about a week but they refuse to eat dubia so far.. but on the bright side it gives the dubia more numbers for the colony :/

after trying to take out the fasciatas water lid to prevent the dubia from hiding I noticed it webbed A LOT for a sling so I'm starting to feel like it's going to molt.. the regalis hasn't webbed yet but has calmed down a lot and isn't as quick to run from everything so it might be preparing for a molt as well

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I fed a dubia to my B. sabulosum Friday evening. This is how much she likes them ;)

upload_2017-2-27_16-58-12.png

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are amazing. I have a few that have webbed to their lids and I find if you can lift the lid gently at one side you can usually manage to feed and water without totally destroying the web.
Thats one of the things I love about your pics Enn, you obviously do everything you can to preserve their constructions. Some of your dwarf sp have incredible houses:)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
mine are still refusing to eat dubias lol so looks like I'm gonna have to buy some crickets.. I gave them about a week but they refuse to eat dubia so far.. but on the bright side it gives the dubia more numbers for the colony :/

after trying to take out the fasciatas water lid to prevent the dubia from hiding I noticed it webbed A LOT for a sling so I'm starting to feel like it's going to molt.. the regalis hasn't webbed yet but has calmed down a lot and isn't as quick to run from everything so it might be preparing for a molt as well
I used to do that, but eventually the dubia will move, and when it does the spider will be waiting. They know everything that goes on in their house, half blind or not. When I check my tarantulas its common to see a dubia hiding behind the dish. They don't live long. Which is why I find spiders eating when I havent fed them for a week or two :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thats one of the things I love about your pics Enn, you obviously do everything you can to preserve their constructions. Some of your dwarf sp have incredible houses:)

I hate to destroy all their hard work. My Heterothele villosella is a prime example, I can lift the right-hand end of the lid enough to drop crickets in and use a turkey baster to fill the water bowl which is just below the web where the T is sitting. All the web is attached to the lid so the whole lot rocks when I lift the lid even a small amount but so far none has been damaged because the web is so incredibly strong.

DSCF9314 (2).JPG

Latest posts