• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

p fasciata incident

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
ok so I decided to rehouse my p regalis and p fasciata into a 32 oz deli container.. the regalis shockingly cooperated really well.. walked out of his old container into his new one without any trouble... made me think oh my fasciata is much calmer this will be easy.. nope.. as soon as the paint brush touched it's rump it ran around the tops and guess what.. I held it unintentionally! It climbed upon my index finger and sat upon the top of my hand lol it happened so fast! but I'm proud of myself.. I didn't fling it I just moved slowly and it went in on its own. all I could think about was "wtf you're holding a poecilotheria spider" lol

Marija

3 Year Member
It must have been an awesome feeling holding the pokie! :) Is your fasciata big? I hope I can experience it some day :D I wanna handle them all lol

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Cool that you got to hold him/her without incident ... even if he/she gave you no choice.;)
Very glad you did not fling him/her.:T:

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
It must have been an awesome feeling holding the pokie! :) Is your fasciata big? I hope I can experience it some day :D I wanna handle them all lol
nah it's only about 1 and ½ inch maybe 2 inch at most but I was still incredibly nervous lol but even so it was amazing

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
Cool that you got to hold him/her without incident ... even if he/she gave you no choice.;)
Very glad you did not fling him/her.:T:
what shocked me is how fast it happened! it was on my hand before I had any time to react lol... but yeah I thought if it ever happened with one of the poecilotherias I would throw it based on instinct alone.. not scared of spiders obviously I'm just worried about that species bite in general lol

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Never intentionally held either my metallica or my regalis. I've had them both on me. I think staying calm with pokies is easier because they're just suddenly there, on you. Lmao, it shocks you and gives you time to think, loosen your muscles up and act calmly.

Latest posts