• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Our tarantulas collections

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i've only had my B. vagans a year now and she's right at 3 - 3.5", Both my Albo's are 2.5-3" also. My B. sabulosum is also right at 2.5-3". All of these were ordered at 1/2" or less. So that's what 2-3" in year? These are supposed to be medium growth rate if i recall correctly. So my PZB will probably stay hidden in the substrate burrows until i'm in my mid 50's as they're slower growing than the Brachys ;)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i've only had my B. vagans a year now and she's right at 3 - 3.5", Both my Albo's are 2.5-3" also. My B. sabulosum is also right at 2.5-3". All of these were ordered at 1/2" or less. So that's what 2-3" in year? These are supposed to be medium growth rate if i recall correctly. So my PZB will probably stay hidden in the substrate burrows until i'm in my mid 50's as they're slower growing than the Brachys ;)
Kormath what temp do you keep those Brachys at? I've had several people tell me their albiceps grow like rosea..and while my boehmei is medium growth rate, he's a male. Well one of them..I just received my F boehmei and albiceps :D The smithi will be here tomorrow :D Sorry, I'm all giddy like a schoolgirl..

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Kormath what temp do you keep those Brachys at? I've had several people tell me their albiceps grow like rosea..and while my boehmei is medium growth rate, he's a male. Well one of them..I just received my F boehmei and albiceps :D The smithi will be here tomorrow :D Sorry, I'm all giddy like a schoolgirl..
All of my Ts are kept 77-82F in summer and 73-77F in winter. fill water every other day in winter and every third or 4 th day in summer depending how fast it evaporated, slings up to 1.5" or so are fed twice a week, once a week after that size.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
All of my Ts are kept 77-82F in summer and 73-77F in winter. fill water every other day in winter and every third or 4 th day in summer depending how fast it evaporated, slings up to 1.5" or so are fed twice a week, once a week after that size.
Hmm. You keep them a few degrees warmer than me. Mine are all in my room so I have to keep it tolerable. (Tolerable is not over 75 to me. Im insulated..)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmm. You keep them a few degrees warmer than me. Mine are all in my room so I have to keep it tolerable. (Tolerable is not over 75 to me. Im insulated..)
Me to lol, but I live up in the mountains (about 5500 ft) and only have maybe a week a summer the a/c would be used. looking at getting a portable one this spring though so my son can get his snake.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just a few degrees F makes a big difference in their metabolic rate.
That would not surprise me..Ive got a female juvie G pulchra that simply refuses to grow..yet breeders of them say they're more a medium growth rate spider....I beg to differ :( Maybe I should cowboy up and move them all to my shop, keep them at 80...
Screw that, I WANT them in my room..

Latest posts