• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

old skins

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
From six moultings a couple of weeks ago. Left to right its tsunami, bandit, Hercules, money spider, rapunzel and flamenco.
2012-10-30 13.15.40.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I doubt it Will be too long before you are busy collecting skins from yours then they wi be eating you out of house and home. Im dreading ramases he is so greedy i can imagine him on his back with his legs in the air and a cricket in his mouth thinking "how can i get out of this withoutloosing my dinner?"

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I assume Ramses is your Genic? They're definitely big eaters. You should try a Parahybana or a Pamphobeteus sp.. They're garbage disposals.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I assume Ramses is your Genic? They're definitely big eaters. You should try a Parahybana or a Pamphobeteus sp.. They're garbage disposals.
Ramases is a rose hair but think he is wild caught as he is so greedy. I could be wrong but i think he went a long time without food before i got him and he may be preparing for the famine spell. The man in the pet shop actually tipped him upside down and looked up his bum before announcing "this is a male" i had to laugh. My genics (pirate and bandit) are greedy too but they look like angels. I can imagine them out mugging the elderly.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ah, you never can figure a Rosie. lol. Good luck with the possible/probable fast.
Do you trust the pet shop man? How bout some shots of the Vent?

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ah, you never can figure a Rosie. lol. Good luck with the possible/probable fast.
Do you trust the pet shop man? How bout some shots of the Vent?
No the pet shop man was an idiot . He had another rose hair which he poked in the face with a pen and it lifted its leg up so he said right"dont buy this one its bad tempered." i bet you never heard anything like it

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No the pet shop man was an idiot . He had another rose hair which he poked in the face with a pen and it lifted its leg up so he said right"dont buy this one its bad tempered." i bet you never heard anything like it

I dunno, some wone once told me to cut the hairs off the abdomen after every molt. I told him some things I can't say on this forum lol

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I dunno, some wone once told me to cut the hairs off the abdomen after every molt. I told him some things I can't say on this forum lol
I bet. People do have strange ideas about t's. Anyway i would like to take advantage of your vast knowledge you can tell me if its getting on your nerves but Im new to avic avics (had mine for a month)) they seem thirsty i spray there tanks every evening and am wondering if i should do twice a day or put water bowls high up for them. My babies have soggy cotton wool balls which i change twice a day incase of germs and the others have normal water bowls. All my t's are starving hungry when they come from pet shops and the avics are still being greedy do you think they might be dehydrated ?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Neat photo! I love seeing all the different sizes. Keep up the good work!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hope to have another skin for the collection tomorrow as pirate is moulting as I write. Hope he wriggles out of it ok I love my pi man.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am trying not to poke my nose in at him every five minutes. He is a lovely outgoing type of spider not aggressive but interested in things and ruled by his greedy abdomen.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He has just wriggled his last leg free. All my other t's have always moulte d during the night so I'm not sure why he did an evening one. Perhaps coz its getting dark early now.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He has just wriggled his last leg free. All my other t's have always moulte d during the night so I'm not sure why he did an evening one. Perhaps coz its getting dark early now.

IME time has nothing to do with it. when they're ready, they're ready.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have been expecting him to moult for a while. Bet he looks gorgeous in his new stripes and he Will be starving when he recovers. Am so Happy that he's ok.

Latest posts